Intestinal worms

Brandonwynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been following the https://humble.fish/internal-issues/ my question is, if you have fish in your display tank that has White stringy feces(intestinal worm) and you remove all the fish. Will you still have intestinal worms waiting for fish to come back? What is the life cycle for reinfection or is there? Im trying to get a better understanding before I add fish to the main display?

OP
OP
Brandonwynn

Brandonwynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you, is there a source that I could follow up on and learn the information that you just shared?
Very possible for worms to spread. Fish eat other fish's poop. Treat them all and let the tank go fallow (4 weeks) to starve out the parasites/worms.

OP
OP
Brandonwynn

Brandonwynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd treat all fish, if one has it it is possible all of them have it and then keep them out of the tank long enough to starve parasite's to death 1 month of possible.
Why one month where can I find that information out?

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why one month where can I find that information out?
Can't remember the exact place I read it but people will suggest different lengths of time.

These have some good information, not everything but a good place to start in my opinion

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back