Introducing Corals.com

Discussion in 'Corals.com' started by Corals.com, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Corals.com

Corals.com Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Opening my own local fish store has always been my dream. Working in this industry for the past 10 years doing what I love, working with great people, and getting a guaranteed steady pay check really kept me from pulling the trigger on this dream. However, after witnessing all of the fast changes in our industry (like the Hawaiian Fish Ban, Fiji Coral Closure, Indo Coral Ban, and other events) they forced me to reevaluate where my future would be most secure.

So, I began to make plans that led me to where I am today. It has been a big change and I know it is still a great risk, but with hard work and the ability to control my own destiny, I am up for the challenge. I am so excited to finally be opened for business, and I hope to exceed all of your expectations.

The Company
    Corals.com has been designed in every way to best serve you, the hobbyist. Our mission is to provide you the healthiest possible corals, delivered to your door, at a fair price.

Coral Conditioning
    We hold all of the items in our care 30 to 90 days before offering them for sale, exclusively, on our website. We monitor them very closely to make sure they are in good health, we work to get them as colorful as possible, and we feed them often. We study what lighting, flow, and placement is best for them. Then, when we list them for sale, we share this info with you. Doing this costs us significantly more money, but it gives our buyers the best possible item and the highest chance at success.

All WYSIWYG Offerings
    Every coral we offer is always What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG). This allows us to show you, the buyer, exactly what you are purchasing. It is important to us that our pictures accurately represent coloration and sizing.

Expert Packing
    We strive to have the best packing in the industry. Many people think this is as simple as using high quality packing materials, which is very important in itself. However, we take it many steps further by testing our packing materials, water levels, ice packs, heat packs, and other variables to extreme heat and sub zero cold conditions. We also log our past shipment success and failures to study, research, improve, and use for future decision making.

Personal Selection
    We support only the most ethical and professional wholesalers and industry suppliers when we buy our items. All items are expertly hand picked in person or from exact pictures by our owner, Jon Schellhorn. This allows us to offer our buyers only the very best items.

The Owner
    For the last 10+ years, I have devoted my professional career to this industry. I have personally seen, care for, photographed, studied, and successfully shipped more coral than almost anyone in the world.

I am excited to use my unique experience to better serve you. I hope to earn your business and exceed your expectations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tags:

2. WWIII

WWIII Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor LMAS Member

Congratulations on the new venture and thank you for sponsoring reef2reef! Where is your store located? Look forward to checking out your online store in the future!

3. Corals.com

Thanks! We’re located in Ohio. Right now, we’re only launching online, but we’ll let you know when we have our in store grand opening. We’re shooting for fall to later this year. We still have quite a bit of work to do!

WWIII likes this.
  4. WWIII

WWIII Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor LMAS Member

Awesome! I'm in Louisville, was just curious. Again congrats on following your dream, looks great so far!!!

Corals.com likes this.
  5. Eastlake

Eastlake Active Member

Where at in Ohio? There's no way I can't be excited about another potential local option

6. JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

yeah, where in Ohio?

7. Corals.com

We're located in Warren, OH. We hope to open a couple days a week if time allows, but right now our main focus is online.

8. JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Are you going to offer in house pick up of online sales?

9. Eastlake

Eastlake Active Member

Hot dog that's close enough to me to justify a day trip when you are open to the public. And I second what JamieAdams asked for those of us local enough to do so

10. Corals.com

Yes, we're going to offer in house pickup of online sales over $250 that are prepaid. It's not that we don't want to allow pickups for smaller orders, but our time right now is extremely limited. We would just need to make sure to schedule ahead of time for pickup so we can make sure to be available as we are in and out quite a bit. Plus, we're a one man show at the moment so scheduling ahead of time is very important. We would allow pickups Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. We'll make this more clear on our site soon. Thanks!

WWIII likes this.
  11. i_declare_bankruptcy

i_declare_bankruptcy Member

This is awesome! And congrats on your opening! Your website looks great. If you need any development work let me know ;) browsing corals now....

12. Corals.com

Thanks!

13. Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel Valuable Member

Congrats on the store and that awesome domain:)

Corals.com and LowLi like this.
  14. LowLi

LowLi Active Member

domain is sickkk

Corals.com likes this.
  15. Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics Upgrade Your Flow! R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor

Taking that first step in following your dream is a huge accomplishment all by itself. So, Congratulations!
    The site looks great (and the URL is perfect) and the facility looks well though out. I'd say you're off to a awesome start.

408Dartfish likes this.
  16. Corals.com

Thanks! Yes, it’s very exciting to see the dream coming into fruition! I appreciate the positive feedback!