Introducing "Dexter's Dividers" available from LRS!

Discussion in 'LRS Frenzy Foods' started by ReefFrenzy, Apr 10, 2018.

1. ReefFrenzy

ReefFrenzy Shrimp Pimp R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

My local fish store owner is very resourceful and loves to tinker. Over the past several years he has been fabricating different versions of aquarium dividers to segregate livestock and also create baffles and refugium compartments in sumps. He has tried many different materials, suction cups, silicones, bonding agents, you name it and he has probably tried it.

Well he finally found a system that he felt was perfect for what he was trying to accomplish. These have been tested in his retail store for months and held up to both fresh and saltwater, bleach, and medications. "Dexter's Dividers" offer you a fast, patent-pending, no-tools-required way to install a perforated or solid baffle in your 10 gallon, 20 gallon, or 40 Breeder aquarium. (More sizes are coming very soon!)

I first posted this video on my personal Facebook page on Sunday and the inquiries from store owners, breeders, public aquariums and hobbyists has kept us VERY busy over the past 48 hours. The first units shipped today to our retail stores and hobbyists. These are available for purchase via our wholesale portal for retailers. Hobbyists can get them via mail-order by visiting www.LRSswag.com and they start at $39.99.

(Just a quick note about price. We have seen similar dividers on Ebay for $27 which have four suction cups like the ones Dexter used to fabricate. Over time the suction cups harden, fail and fish can slip past the sides. These dividers are constructed of HPDE sheet material with a high grade reef safe silicone. In addition all the design, machining, packaging, and assembly is done here in NC so this product is Made in the USA by hobbyists for hobbyists! It truly is one of those products (like our food) where you get what you pay for. Dexter's fish store was the first to pass out samples of our food so it seems appropriate for me to help launch his product by introducing it to the Reef2Reef Community.)

Check this video out to see how sturdy, yet easy to install these dividers are:

DPP_DIVIDER PRODUCT SHOT_20LONG_WEB72dpi.jpg

DPP_DIVIDER PRODUCT IN USE_EMPTY_WEB72dpi_LOGO.jpg

DPP_DIVIDER PRODUCT IN USE_FULL_WEB72dpi_LOGO.jpg

Beta Dividers Jpeg2.jpg

DPP_SALTWATER_STORE USE_WEB72dpi.jpg

GoVols, Rispa, joseserrano and 7 others like this.

2. BkReefBaby

BkReefBaby Active Member

Super cool idea maybe you can do a clear one to help with fish aggression and new tank mate acclimation :)

GoVols, ReefFrenzy and Dsnakes like this.
  3. accline

accline Member

These dividers are great. They are made by my LFS and these are people on the up and up. The advice they give is top notch as are their products. I would purchase from no other source. Good luck!!

4. aarbutina

aarbutina Active Member Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

Sweet. Looks like installing baffles in a diy sump just got a good bit easier. No more messing around with tubes of silicone and hoping that you get a good seal.

5. AdamNC

AdamNC Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

My local fish store!!!:D:D:D

GoVols, ReefFrenzy and Dsnakes like this.
  6. Dsnakes

Dsnakes Knight Reefer R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

I had just watched this on your Facebook page. Nice design!

GoVols and ReefFrenzy like this.
  7. aarbutina

Hey Larry (@ReefFrenzy), if one was to use the solid divider to build a chamber for a skimmer how does the bottom seal? Would you use the piece that you showed as the top in the video?

8. ReefFrenzy

I don't know that the top piece would work well underneath and it may cause the seal to be less not better. When you slide the divider panel into the uprights it goes all the way down and sits flat on the bottom. I would suspect that some water can sneak under it but Dexter has created skimmer chambers in his store systems with them Many of his customers have done the same thing at home with good results. With your return pump constantly running it will hold the water level where it is needed. If you absolutely wanted a 100% watertight skimmer compartment you could simply run a bead of silicone across the bottom after installation, but I think it would be overkill. These also work well to keep your macro algae from drifting into your pump or skimmer intake. Some people have installed two dividers about an inch apart and slid a filter pad down between the to to trap detritus and micro bubbles.

GoVols, Dsnakes and fishbox like this.
  9. aarbutina

Sounds good Larry. Thanks for the reply. I am really digging these. I am thinking I want to try them in the sump I am setting up for a new system.

GoVols likes this.
  10. Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer Well-Known Member

Awesome! I was just thinking about how to divide my sump to create an extra compartment. Would be cool to see a custom order option

11. ReefFrenzy

There are more sizes coming soon!

GoVols and Salty.Reefer like this.
  12. ReefFrenzy

***NEW SIZE JUST RELEASED***

Dexter's Dividers now offers a 33 gallon "long" divider both as an individual unit and in a bundle of five for breeders. We have been slammed with orders ever since the launch and had many pre-orders for the 33 gallon long set up from anxious clownfish breeders. Today I stopped by Triad Reef Critters in Greensboro, NC where the dividers are fabricated and picked up more.

If you are on Facebook check out the video of me today on my "Larry DuPont" page where I caught a quick workout doing some "10 gallon bicep curls" using the divider as the handle.

https://www.facebook.com/larry.dupo...24782756328784&notif_t=feed_comment&ref=notif

You can learn more about these and order at www.LRSSwag.com

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 11.45.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 8.21.14 PM.png

GoVols and Salty.Reefer like this.
  13. scuzy

scuzy Well-Known Member

Are you guys out of the 40 breeder sizes?

GoVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted