Introducing Natures BEST Way to RID Your Tank of Harmful Aiptasia!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fishnreef

100% Aquacultured - Help Us Conserve and Preserve
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berghia_3-4_inch4.jpg

Introducing Natures BEST Way to RID Your Tank of Harmful Aiptasia!

Aiptasia has become the big problem everyone seems to be trying to get rid of. Once Aiptasia take up living in your tank, it can be just about impossible to get rid of them. Aiptasia multiply very fast. It can take over your entire tank in a hurry.

Even worse, Aiptasia eat the nutrients intended for your fish. They can even sting your fish. Some types of Aiptasia have been known to kill fish. We don't have to tell you it's a major problem when Aiptasia show up. You've got to work fast to keep them from becoming a permanent and very unwelcome guest in your tank.

Over the years people have tried various ways to get rid of Aiptasia. The best way is to put something in your tank that eats Aiptasia. Unfortunately, this can have side-effects. The solution for Aiptasia often creates a host of problems of its own.

We are delighted to announce we are offering the BEST solution for Aiptasia yet discovered. We culture and grow little animals called Berghia nudibranch. These guys do ONE thing and do it well. They EAT Aiptasia.

Yummy yummy! When a Berghia nudibrach sees an Aiptasia all it can think of is dinner. They eat Aiptasia like they're going out of style. And because that's ALL they eat, our Berghia nudibranch are the best Aiptasia solution you're going to find.

Berghia nudibranch won't eat your fish food. They won't bother your fish. They won't eat any of the corals, good algae or amphipods and copepods in your tank. That's right. They ONLY eat Aiptasia.

We are a small coral farm with a mission to culture aquarium reef tank corals, fish and invertebrate to replace in the wild. So far our greatest success is this wonderful Berghia nudibrach that helps revolutionize the Aiptasia plague for tank owners.
We have just started culturing Berghia nudibranch consistently and successfully. Before we send them to you, we fatten them on Aiptasia. They show up big and ready to gobble up all the Aiptasia you can put in front of them.

Put Berghia in your tank and watch them whoop for joy when they see all the Aiptasia there. For as long as it takes, they rush around your tank gobbling up Aiptasia like humans eat chips when watching a ball game.

Berghia will last in your tank for 5 to 8 months.

These guys mostly work at night. You might be see one during the day, but they mostly eat while you sleep.

Berghia is ALL you need to rid your tank of Aiptasia. You can remove other predators as they sometimes eat the Berghia.

Fish don't really like Berghia, so don't worry about your fish eating them. Some wrasses will peck to check so please monitor.

Aiptasias are a master of survival. They can reproduce sexually and asexually. Rip one out and 3 takes their place through pedal laceration. It seems no matter what you do, Aiptasias just keep growing and taking over your tank.

Now you can do something POWERFUL to rid your tank of all Aiptasias. Our hungry Berghia nudibranch are the NATURAL solution that really works. BUY YOUR SUPPLY NOW while we have plenty in stock.

LIMITED TIME SPECIAL: BUY 12 AND GET #13 FREE!

We have large 3/4" sized Berghia Nudibranchs available. Click Here!
Or copy and paste:

http://www.fishnreef.com/bergia-nudibranch-aiptasia-eaters-p14533-p14534.html

How many? About 8 per 100 gallons for heavy infestation (50+ Aiptasia).

Larger 3/4"-1/2" bergia are better for high flow SPS tanks while smaller 1/4" bergia are fine for lower flow tanks. Large bergia will begin to lay eggs almost immediately in aquariums and consume Aiptasia more rapidly than smaller bergia.

Release the Berghia in a low flow area or switch off pumps as you release them. Do not release directly on Aiptasia. Place them nearby. They will find the Aiptasia.

While you can see Berghia during the lights on cycle, they are nocturnal predators and generally only eat when lights are out. Contact us if you have any questions.

REVIEWS:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fishnreef.162779/
http://reef2reef.com/threads/large-bergia-nudibrach-are-on-sale-limited-numbers.164769/#post-1917866
http://reef2reef.com/threads/wow.162677/#post-1898379

Aiptasia Gone!

Berghia_Eating.580.JPG

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these have internal or external fertilization? In other words if I'm seeing eggs are they definitely fertilized or can a single nudi with no male still lay eggs?

I am because i had some in my overflow since they wouldn't stand a chance in the tank i was hoping to at least eliminate the aptasia in the overflows. Still see one here or there and eggs sometimes.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these have internal or external fertilization? In other words if I'm seeing eggs are they definitely fertilized or can a single nudi with no male still lay eggs?

Hi Triggreef,
Berghia nudibranchs are hermaphroditic, but you will need at least a male and female as they do not reproduce asexually.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best option but not cheap......

Not sure about this...add up the costs of experimental natural attempts to get rid of Aiptasia, time and money.

Once had an Aiptasia issue in the days of yore...got a copperband which proceeded to get rid of every single feather duster as well as decimated the entire copepod/amphipod population. Then copperband was picking at our clam...said clam finally shut on the copperband snout ...dead copperband...and eventually dead clam. Peppermint shrimps didn't work for us.

Last edited:

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tired of using Aiptasia X. It works but I just can't keep up with how quickly they spread. I just placed an order with you!

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Triggreef,
Berghia nudibranchs are hermaphroditic, but you will need at least a male and female as they do not reproduce asexually.
understood but what i meant is if I'm seeing eggs, does that mean i have at least 2 left and the eggs are good? Or could there only be one left and it's laying infertile eggs by itself.

BWilliby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large tank, 265 gal, and am starting to see some aptasia pop up here and there. There are around 10 that I can see, and I am trying to prevent a full infestation, which i know can happen quickly. How many nudibranchs would you recommend? What do they eat after they consume all of the aptasia?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about this...add up the costs of experimental natural attempts to get rid of Aiptasia, time and money.

Once had an Aiptasia issue in the days of yore...got a copperband which proceeded to get rid of every single feather duster as well as decimated the entire copepod/amphipod population. Then copperband was picking at our clam...said clam finally shut on the copperband snout ...dead copperband...and eventually dead clam. Peppermint shrimps didn't work for us.

Lol and then after the cbb and Peppermints didn't work for me either aside from eating my prized yuma... And after failing with them and adding berghias, The peppermint and cbb will hunt down those Berghia swiftly.

Can't win that's why i figured I'd try the berghias in my overflow and get their population going.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large tank, 265 gal, and am starting to see some aptasia pop up here and there. There are around 10 that I can see, and I am trying to prevent a full infestation, which i know can happen quickly. How many nudibranchs would you recommend? What do they eat after they consume all of the aptasia?

Hi BWilliby, missed this. With 10 we recommend a minimum of 3. There are probably others which you cannot see. Please follow our full acclimation instructions here.
When the Aiptasia are gone the Berghia will perish. You can also try to catch the Berghia and transfer to another hobbyist. Please note that there is a life-cycle going on in your tank at all times.
Thanks.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol and then after the cbb and Peppermints didn't work for me either aside from eating my prized yuma... And after failing with them and adding berghias, The peppermint and cbb will hunt down those Berghia swiftly.

Can't win that's why i figured I'd try the berghias in my overflow and get their population going.

LOL. A lot of solutions out there. Some with side effects. Some with none.

BWilliby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi BWilliby, missed this. With 10 we recommend a minimum of 3. There are probably others which you cannot see. Please follow our full acclimation instructions here.
When the Aiptasia are gone the Berghia will perish. You can also try to catch the Berghia and transfer to another hobbyist. Please note that there is a life-cycle going on in your tank at all times.
Thanks.
Got an order placed! And threw in a few corals to get to the free shipping level. [emoji6] Thanks!

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an order placed! And threw in a few corals to get to the free shipping level. [emoji6] Thanks!

We have you booked...expect a shipping email soon!...think you will enjoy the corals!

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These Nudibranchs don't eat anything else? If I got one, I'd like to keep it alive.

They are pretty. You can keep feeding under "controlled" conditions...trap and pass on to a fellow aquarist.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back