Introducing Reef HD Algae Buster

Discussion in 'Reef HD' started by ReefHD, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReefHD

ReefHD products that work R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hello Reef2Reef community!

We have just released our first product called Algae Buster, an FDA registered fluconazole-based algae treatment. Algae Buster kills Bryopsis, Caulerpa, Green Hair Algae, and many other nuisance algae species over the course of a 2 week treatment. You can see more details and the FAQ at reefhd.com/AlgaeBuster

For more information on treating nuisance algae with fluconazole we recommend this popular R2R thread. We only sell wholesale, so if you would like to see Algae Buster in your favorite store please have them contact us.

Why choose Algae Buster instead of capsules imported from India on some websites?

1. Algae Buster is inspected and lab tested to be of the highest purity.

2. Imported capsules can be expired, usually contain fillers, can contain other chemicals due to lax regulation, and be of lower quality.

3. It supports the reef economy! Algae Buster is available from R2R sponsors and retail stores, so your purchase helps build the hobby. At Reef HD we are hobbyists who spend some of our paycheck on products from other sponsors, who have employees who spend their money on other sponsors, and we all win :)

If you have any questions we will be happy to answer them!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    hart24601 likes this.
    Tags:

2. TheHarold

TheHarold Well-Known Member

I tried using Vibrant and it didn't do anything for green hair algae or bryopsis, which makes me hesitant to try more "revolutionary" products. Do you have any testing, whether on video or a time lapse of a tank?

3. ReefHD

We take it as a huge compliment that the most common reaction to people hearing about our product for the first time is that it sounds too good to be true :)

There has been a ton of testing done by the community here in this thread on R2R that I completely forgot to link when making the first post, and the results have been consistently excellent in getting rid of nuisance algae. We are also working on a slideshow and time lapse video for the website and should have them up soon. Algae Buster was ready a little sooner than expected and it caught us off guard as far as the photos and videos we hoped to have ready at the time, they are on the way though!

TheHarold likes this.
  4. TheHarold

TheHarold Well-Known Member

That sounds great. Perhaps consider sort of contest/promotion such as a "Bryopsis infested tank contest" or "Hairy Algae Contest" to find some reef tanks that need your product the most, perhaps send out a few doses to those people with the most infested tanks. Would build publicity and trust in the product if it works, even more than an in-store video.

TheHarold

5. Reefltx

Reefltx Well-Known Member

No need, reef hd has already provided a link. It’s simply fluconazole, which many included myself have had success with. I didn’t have a lot of hair algae but I did have some patches of bryopsis. Flucon took care of both.

6. WWIII

WWIII Well-Known Member

Where can we buy it? Who has it in stock?

7. ReefHD

Premium Aquatics will most likely have it in stock tomorrow, my guess is they will announce it on their mailing list when it is live. Other R2R sponsors will have it next week as well as several retail stores. The best way to keep up with who is stocking Algae Buster is through the store locator on our website at reefhd.com/stores, more locations will be added daily :)

gfox likes this.
  8. filbie70

filbie70 Well-Known Member MTRCMember Partner Member 2018

I just received an order of fluconazole today to address a GAH issue. Is there something that makes your product safer or is it just making a fluconazole based product more available to the hobbist the key? Also, if it contains fluconazole is a prescription needed?

9. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Can't wait to give this a shot!

WWIII likes this.
  10. ReefHD

Algae Buster is lab tested and likely better regulated than the tablets imported from India, but we would not call other fluconazole treatments unsafe. Our product is meant to be a higher quality and more available alternative for hobbyists, which as you mentioned has been difficult due to fluconazole requiring a prescription for some uses. Fortunately Algae Buster went through an FDA registration process that allows it to be sold as an algae treatment without requiring a prescription.

sundog101, WWIII and Heliarc19 like this.
  11. filbie70

filbie70 Well-Known Member MTRCMember Partner Member 2018

Good information, thank you. I wish I had know about it a week ago.

12. WWIII

WWIII Well-Known Member

Works for me! My go to everything tank related store! So glad someone finally put this in a reef tank specific product that is easily sourced and fully approved! I'll be trying it out on my frag tank asap. Thanks for quick respones, hope your 1st run production was a big one! Lol

13. Salty1962

Salty1962 Wrasse and SPS Lover R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

How about Red Turf Algae. I've tried everything under the sun to kill mine with no luck:mad:

14. garymore

garymore New Member

Hey guys you can by this product at salt critters com one word it runs about $20 shipped.

15. joejvj

joejvj New Member

Will this work for bubble algae?

16. Salty1962

Salty1962 Wrasse and SPS Lover R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

???

17. gfox

gfox Well-Known Member

Just ordered some today!

18. WWIII

WWIII Well-Known Member

Just bought some from premium aquatics. Fingers crossed it will knock out this bryopsis in my frag tank!

19. nine9d

nine9d Active Member Hudson Valley Reef Keepers

Is BRS carrying it? Thanks.

20. xionggotstyle

xionggotstyle Active Member

Following!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.