Introducing Reef HD Algae Buster

Discussion in 'Reef HD' started by ReefHD, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty1962

Salty1962 Wrasse and SPS Lover R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Premium Aquatics is carrying it.

nine9d likes this.

2. nine9d

nine9d Active Member Hudson Valley Reef Keepers

Thanks bud. I just do most of my purchases from BRS, and it would be easier to grab from there.

@ReefHD Is this an exclusive to Premium Aquatics? Thanks.

3. raultsu

raultsu Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

the instructions say 1 200mg capsule per 20 gallons, the fluconazole thread on r2r says to use 20mg per gallon (double the dose)

4. gfox

gfox Well-Known Member

I went by the directions on the bottle.1 capsule per 20 gallons.

5. Salty1962

Salty1962 Wrasse and SPS Lover R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Has anyone tried for Red Turf Algae? Or with an ATS? Curious to know how it would effect a mature ATS.

6. Brien

Brien Member

I've been battling GHA for about a year now. I started Vibrant a few months ago and really the only benefit I've found is the algae is easier to remove by hand.

Can I use Algae Buster and Vibrant together? To my understanding Vibrant is a biological product and doesn't appear to be the same thing as Algae Buster.

7. ReefHD

ReefHD products that work R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Sorry for the long absence, things have been very busy here! Unfortunately Algae Buster has been preemptively discontinued for the time being due to falling under a loophole where it may have been treated as a pesticide so this thread will be locked for the time being. Algae Buster has been relabeled as Reef Flux, which is intended for fish treatments and available now. It will be online at Premium Aquatics very soon. To answer a few questions for informational purposes only, we have not tested fluconazole treatments alongside Vibrant but it is very unlikely that there would be any issue.

Premium Aquatics is a valued Reef HD distributor and a great R2R sponsor, but BRS is also welcome to carry Reef HD products like Reef Flux. We receive so many emails daily from brick and mortar stores across the country that at the moment there isn't much time left over to do vendor outreach or we would have contacted them already, but we will soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.