Introduction to Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

scirdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to make a first time order today, but I have a question. I have a 60G tank with a few mushrooms and zoas and 2 anemones, for fish I have 2 clowns, 2 hawkfish, bar goby, purple firefish, watchman goby/pistol shrimp, a filefish, a sixline wrasse, ebli angel, bangaii cardinal, and a royal gramma. I have no sump or refugium. would you recommend 1/2 gal snacklebox? or 3 pod bottles? or 2? i assume the snacklebox would be a better addition than some regular pod bottles? I am not sure what to add, i see only a few pods at night, so I would like to really add a bunch to help clean and feed (and reproduce!) . Please advise! I assume we can get shipment to Illinois?

OP
OP
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Dinkins Aquatic Gardens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I plan to make a first time order today, but I have a question. I have a 60G tank with a few mushrooms and zoas and 2 anemones, for fish I have 2 clowns, 2 hawkfish, bar goby, purple firefish, watchman goby/pistol shrimp, a filefish, a sixline wrasse, ebli angel, bangaii cardinal, and a royal gramma. I have no sump or refugium. would you recommend 1/2 gal snacklebox? or 3 pod bottles? or 2? i assume the snacklebox would be a better addition than some regular pod bottles? I am not sure what to add, i see only a few pods at night, so I would like to really add a bunch to help clean and feed (and reproduce!) . Please advise! I assume we can get shipment to Illinois?
I would probably do a half gallon in this situation. You can't over-pod a tank, and it sounds like you want to get a really strong population going as soon as possible. Yes, I agree that the Snacklebox is the best option, because then you're adding all three species of copepod and are therefore getting the greatest biodiversity for your tank.

Yes, we can definitely ship to Illinois!

Thank you for Thinkin Dinkins!

scirdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably do a half gallon in this situation. You can't over-pod a tank, and it sounds like you want to get a really strong population going as soon as possible. Yes, I agree that the Snacklebox is the best option, because then you're adding all three species of copepod and are therefore getting the greatest biodiversity for your tank.

Yes, we can definitely ship to Illinois!

Thank you for Thinkin Dinkins!
Thank you for the info, I'll order this afternoon!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back