Introduction

StealthTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I just joined the society during the recent fragging workshop! I'm new to saltwater and corals (first tank's been up since late January). I look forward to getting to know everyone at any upcoming events (when they become frequent again... dang covid).

Shout out to Jaime for letting me know about the frag workshop the day before it happened while looking around at the Reef Gallery; your insight and knowledge is truly helpful to local reefers. Especially new ones that don't fully know what the heck they are doing yet!

I'm not sure how to request to join the 3RMAS user group to get the badge, but so far I've been so inactive on here, I'm really not worried about it! haha.

I have a 75 gallon tank with a generic sump that came with a skimmer dosing BRS 2 part with a jabao doser. I recently, 2 days ago, just upgraded my black box lighting to a couple Hydra 32's. I've definitely seen more success with corals than fish so far! Not sure why that is yet but have an ICP test ready to go out to see if anything is out of the ordinary. Currently I struggle with cyano on the regular that I'm attributing to 1 TDS coming out of my RODI unit but just got another DI resin media chamber to hopefully reduce that to 0. My phosphates are at 0 which I partially attribute to the cyno but can't seem to raise it no matter how much dry food I throw in the tank. Anyway here is an extremely washed out picture of my tank as it sits now including the happy(ish) euphyllia garden from the frag workshop on the left side!

IMG_2274.HEIC.jpeg

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Tank is looking good. When I first got in and was having a cyano issue I ended up doing daily water changes until it worked it self out. The only real way to get rid of it is proper husbandry and time. Newer tanks tend to have these issues. I just got back in and I've been beating back some hair algae but my tank has only been set up for about 3 month since I bought my house.

As far as signing up on here. Click on account then join user group. Once there you should see 3MAS right away.

1602893119861.png

OP
OP
StealthTT

StealthTT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I added the second di chamber and I’m now reading 0 tds. Hopefully this and weekly w/c will start making the cyano subside. Might take a crack at using a power head to remove that condy this weekend as well.

thanks for the screenshots on joining the group. Heading there now!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome65.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back