Introductions

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is David. I live in Charlottesville Virginia. I have a 75 gallon mixed reef tank that I have maintained for 13 years. I am trying to get a group of people together to share information locally. There are some really nice tanks in our area, I have seen some of them.
Tank shot from today. :)
tank1.jpg

jrice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi David, nice tank!

Name is Jason, I'm in Culpeper, VA.

Right now, I have a 26 gallon nano that was just started 3 months ago. I'm in the process right now of moving everything over to a 30g cube. I dont have too much in there right now, a few zoa's, trumpet, monti, frogspawn, and star polyps. Once I get the 30 ill start a build/tank transfer thread hopefully. I have to build the stand also, so ill put that build in there also.

Nice meeting someone in the area. Dont really know anyone else.

OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Hope you can make it down this way sometime.
Hi David, nice tank!

Name is Jason, I'm in Culpeper, VA.

Right now, I have a 26 gallon nano that was just started 3 months ago. I'm in the process right now of moving everything over to a 30g cube. I dont have too much in there right now, a few zoa's, trumpet, monti, frogspawn, and star polyps. Once I get the 30 ill start a build/tank transfer thread hopefully. I have to build the stand also, so ill put that build in there also.

Nice meeting someone in the area. Dont really know anyone else.

Jarosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm Paul from Culpeper. Currently trying to bring my 90 gal reef back to life, so it s pretty much a fragfest in there right now. Just need time right now.

OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm Paul from Culpeper. Currently trying to bring my 90 gal reef back to life, so it s pretty much a fragfest in there right now. Just need time right now.

Welcome. Culpeper is not to far. Sorry you had a mishap. I had a recent fish kill. I can grow the heck outta some corals but I can't keep fish. The only survivor was the Cardinal. After they grow in maybe we can do a swap. :)

lhcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello i have been on r2r for a couple of months. I just started looking on this forum. I have a 265 Gal Reef. I would say 85 to 90% SPS. My wife and I would like to get to know other reefers in the area. I live in Orange so i am not that far away.

Lynn

Wahoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newb

Hey everyone, I'm Robbie and I'm a college student at UVA so me and my tanks are temporarily here in Charlottesville. I have a 14g Biocube and will be testing my 75g acrylic this Sunday (Needed a lot of TLC, we'll see how it goes). The biocube is serving as my mini-reef until I get this 75g up and running. I'm always up for a trade (or donations since I'm a poor college student :smile:), so keep me in mind if you are in the area! I've uploaded some pics of the Bio to give you an idea of what my small collection consists of.
DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg
DSC_0027.jpg
DSC_0028.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to CVRC. It seems we are finally growing.
You will find Charlottesville's fish stores are well.... improving, since they could not have gotten much worse.
Josh and I are both students as well. :)
We do some tradeing locally. We should try to do a tank crawl or small meet (Josh, Hint Hint).

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy from Roanoke area...

I am Dave. My wife and I live just north of Roanoke. My father lives in Charlottesville so I get over that way from time to time. Would like to meet up with some fellow reefers sometime when I am down visting. Currently we have a 34 Solana, a 90 gal, and a 29 Bio Cube set up. All are mixed reefs with mainly lps corals. We have been bitten bad by the chalice bug and have a small collection going. We had a mishap with our 90 gal several months ago and lost all of our fish but the corals survived. we have just started adding livestock back in there so I will get some updated pics and post them soon. Good to see some activity on this forum. I haven't checked it for a while but will certainly start stopping by more frequently. OH, BTW we have a 120 RR that we got off Ebay that we will be building soon. We just need a few last pieces of equipment and we will be ready. It is going to replace the 90 gal. We also bought an 80 gal cylinder tank from a reefer in NC. it is a Tenecor acryliic tank and needs to have the bottom replaced along with the overflow. So if anyone knows a good acrlic shop that would be helpful. I have rambled enough for one post but it is great to see everyone here!
Dave

OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Sorry to hear about your fish. IO had that happen a couple months ago(the last time). Most of my corals survived. I lost aan acro and a stag. Oddly the only fish to survive was my Cardinal. Shoot me a message when you are heading this way. :)

Wahoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tank crawl sounds good, I'll have water in my 75 by Sunday - just making some final adjustments and cutting my PVC. As far as Cville LFSs go ....terrible. The only place that I trust anymore is Pet Supplies Plus, but now they are calling it quits on SW. Just let me know when you guys want to meet up. I'm on facebook - Robbie Oberholzer

Welcome to CVRC. It seems we are finally growing.
You will find Charlottesville's fish stores are well.... improving, since they could not have gotten much worse.
Josh and I are both students as well. :)
We do some tradeing locally. We should try to do a tank crawl or small meet (Josh, Hint Hint).

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as Cville LFSs go ....terrible. The only place that I trust anymore is Pet Supplies Plus, but now they are calling it quits on SW.
So true. For good LFS you have to go to Richmond. I personally prefer Atlantis, but Fish World is another really big salt-only store. Though in all actuality, both those stores are too expensive for me. lol

I occasionally order stuff (hardware, dry goods, etc) on line, but almost all of my coral have come from trading with locals in the Richmond Reef Club.

OP
OP
dtpollard

dtpollard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. A lot of my stuff came from there too. They are having a meet at Pearsons soon if anybody wants to car pool. I go early and go to Atlantis and stay late. Just a warning. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back