OP
InvaderJim

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been running virtually on its own for a few months now, but the first day of 2022 was a rough one. Noticed one head of my torch had what looked to be BJD so I chopped it off and iodine dipped all my euphyllia. My lone clown i've had for over a year decided it was going to jump and I only noticed right before feeding the tank it was missing.

Not how I wanted to start the year but hopefully it gets better from here.

dough

Reefing since '95
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Any regrets on a shallow tank? I’m looking at the same tank as I’m considering a move a shorter tank.

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Any regrets on a shallow tank? I’m looking at the same tank as I’m considering a move a shorter tank.
I LOVE my shallow tank. I have the same exact size tank as this one, so feel free to check out my build thread if you want to see some tank videos that should give you a feel for the fish swimming patterns and aquascape.

OP
OP
InvaderJim

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since transitioning the tank over to try and keep SPS I haven't had much luck so far. Only thing that's growing are montis. Parameters have all been rock solid, checked PAR with meter and increased flow. Currently trying to increase my nutrients even more so see if my corals like it. Currently at 15 No3 and 0.06 Po4

OP
OP
InvaderJim

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been down about every avenue that I can think of trying to figure out what I can't keep any SPS. Came across a bacteria dosing thread using a few select zeovit products so I figured I would give it a shot. Dosing a sort of hybrid system dosing ZEObak, and AF Pro Bio S as well as come coral vitalizer.

OP
OP
InvaderJim

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly the tank seems to be on a downward spiral as of lately. Lost two heads of todd's torch, had to move my orange plate to my 30L since it was declining. Setosa is about dead and even my red monti cap looks like it may be on it's way out. Still not sure what is plaguing this tank but I've ceased all dosing for the time being, pulled the carbon and started to bypass the filter roller some. Just going back to weekly 10% water changes for now in hopes it turns around.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly the tank seems to be on a downward spiral as of lately. Lost two heads of todd's torch, had to move my orange plate to my 30L since it was declining. Setosa is about dead and even my red monti cap looks like it may be on it's way out. Still not sure what is plaguing this tank but I've ceased all dosing for the time being, pulled the carbon and started to bypass the filter roller some. Just going back to weekly 10% water changes for now in hopes it turns around.
Hoping your tank recovers!!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back