INVERT'ed! What's your favorite non-fishy critters?

BRS

What's your favorite type of invert? (not coral)

• Anemones

Votes: 217 29.2%
  • Crabs

Votes: 65 8.7%
  • Fan Worms

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Sea Slugs

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Starfish

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • Shrimp

Votes: 203 27.3%
  • Snails

Votes: 46 6.2%
  • Clams

Votes: 123 16.5%
  • Other? Please say what in the thread!

Votes: 37 5.0%

• Total voters

hlaalu

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
20A5EC98-1670-4808-8427-E8C232CE5F3D.jpeg

My coral banded shrimp. Hides in the back all day, comes out to roam the tank every evening. He turns 3 years old this month!

chaoticreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Snails? I guess beauty does comes to the eyes of the beer holder. ;)

By far, Anemones. While they are pretty while waving, but the relationship between them and clowns is unmatched. I do have to give credit to shrimp, they are a character to watch (RIP Sammy!!!)

Calm Blue Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So hard to answer! I am a huge fan of inverts. I picked shrimp because my pistol shrimps really are awesome (tiger and candy cane), and I really enjoy my peppermint shrimps even though one of them ate my birdsnest. That said, it's hard to not give the vote to my porcelain crab. That little guy is just so zen! I could watch him fan all day. As @stephnjeph said, it's truly hypnotic!

porcelain.jpg

Also a huge fan of my pom pom crab...when I actually get to see her. She would be cooler if she wasn't so reclusive. Love my snails, conchs are awesome, I miss my Mexican Turbo, Gary. And nassarius snails with their little snorkels! Seriously, bring on the inverts! I love 'em!

Would love to get a bubble tip anemone someday but just don't feel ready for it at this stage of my reefing career. Anemones are seriously cool, though.

Jay Hemdal

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Unlike you, I can't keep one happy :(
Not the space or the room or ability to make a proper setting /jealous
I'm going to go away and pout now.
Ah, I now have the luxury of having a dedicated tank for a giant Pacific octopus (grin). I got my first octopus in 1969, when I was 10. It was a briar's octopus that my parents let me special order from the LFS. It lived in my tank for around 6 hours (sigh).

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
1. What is your MOST FAVORITE marine invert and why?

Shrimp. They are generally colorful, busy/active, interactive and interesting to watch (they always seem to have a gameplan)

2. What invert would you like to add to your tank in the future?

Possibly a Mantis shrimp. I had one as a hitchhiker and was not prepared. I would prefer a mantis specific tank that is pre-planned. Other would be a lettuce sea slug or other colorful BUT SAFE type of slug

Mibu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Ah, I now have the luxury of having a dedicated tank for a giant Pacific octopus (grin). I got my first octopus in 1969, when I was 10. It was a briar's octopus that my parents let me special order from the LFS. It lived in my tank for around 6 hours (sigh).

Jay
I used to play around on the beaches of Seattle, Washington. During very low tide there was plenty of hiding places for all the young. The baby octopus were extremely curious creatures. Being able to interact with even the little ones, it's a pretty amazing experience.
If i could keep an octo, it would be my favorite. But for me, I'd rather see them happy. They are so intelligent.
Good work Jay :) .

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Are you hand feeding a stone crab????? Those things hurt if it gets ahold of you!
When I go in the fish room he comes over to the side
IMG_3749-L.jpg

Then he gently takes the food
IMG_3752-XL.jpg

He always says thank you
IMG_3753-L.jpg

I am hand feeding him. Not feeding him my hand. He did take a few liberties with my lab grade double junction ORP probe.
2021071412250958--5101215131199808403-IMG_3792-L.jpg

BRS

What is the best "cleaning product" or home recipe for cleaning reef tank equipment?

• Water and scrubbing

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Citric Acid

Votes: 69 48.3%
  • Vinegar

Votes: 42 29.4%
  • Hydrogen peroxide

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Lemon Juice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%