ION Director: Automatic testing and control of Ca, Mg, K, Na, and NO3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good to go now?

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA quick questions regarding how it regulates the calcium. lets say I use brs calcium and the system doeses it accordingly. how does the system know if I switch calcium products or if I mix my calcium up stronger to lower or raise the dose? is there an input to tell the system how many ml of calcium would raise your tank.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA quick questions regarding how it regulates the calcium. lets say I use brs calcium and the system doeses it accordingly. how does the system know if I switch calcium products or if I mix my calcium up stronger to lower or raise the dose? is there an input to tell the system how many ml of calcium would raise your tank.

Wondering this myself. I have the KH Director (which does the same) but I keep forgetting to look into how it does this.

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering this myself. I have the KH Director (which does the same) but I keep forgetting to look into how it does this.
I just don't understand the concept of how it know how much to dose. yes if its consistent I get this but if in the middle of testing you add more calcium to your container or change a brand and its stronger how does it know.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it works the same way as the KHD, you will set a nominal figure ie 400 and then what % of volume to adjust by depending on how much it deviates from the set point, these are my settings for my KHD

A0A68C01-9976-4C6B-94A8-EE2CF75562E4.png

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it works the same way as the KHD, you will set a nominal figure ie 400 and then what % of volume to adjust by depending on how much it deviates from the set point, these are my settings for my KHD

A0A68C01-9976-4C6B-94A8-EE2CF75562E4.png
but it doesn't test it whileit dosing correct? so what if you have it set to your set points but then you switch brands and don't change anything and it thinks o I still need 30ml and because the new cal is stronger it raises past your set points

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but it doesn't test it whileit dosing correct? so what if you have it set to your set points but then you switch brands and don't change anything and it thinks o I still need 30ml and because the new cal is stronger it raises past your set points
Aah I see what you mean, if I change brands of Ca or ALK I would manually change the volume I dose accordingly on my dosing pumps (as you would do anyway) The director then measures and will adjust or not by the % set in the control. As it’s a % the strength or volume of the Ca dosed doesn’t really affect, it will just add or reduce them until the set point is reached

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aah I see what you mean, if I change brands of Ca or ALK I would manually change the volume I dose accordingly on my dosing pumps (as you would do anyway) The director then measures and will adjust or not by the % set in the control. As it’s a % the strength or volume of the Ca dosed doesn’t really affect, it will just add or reduce them until the set point is reached
makes since. but it can increase your dosage for you to maintain a set point. so there is still things you have to change yourself if there are changes to your dosing chemicals.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
makes since. but it can increase your dosage for you to maintain a set point. so there is still things you have to change yourself if there are changes to your dosing chemicals.
If you allowed it to 100% change volumes, it would handle it, but I would change mine myself to get the new dosing volume as close to what I think it would need to be as it might take the KHD several measurements to dial it in..

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I expect it would dial it in fairly quickly, depending on frequency of testing and dosing, and it wouldn't be likely to increase to a problematic level.

I'm looking forward to this, although I am disappointed that Phosphate didn't make it in favour of some of the other tests that are included.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be interesting to know is if the PO4 can be added to the IOND:
-> soon?
-> by replacing the multi-parameter probe?
-> Will we be limited to 5 parameters that will have to be chosen or can we have more than 5 parameters?

OR it will it be a new dedicated device that will be designed later?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be interesting to know is if the PO4 can be added to the IOND:
-> soon?
-> by replacing the multi-parameter probe?
-> Will we be limited to 5 parameters that will have to be chosen or can we have more than 5 parameters?

OR it will it be a new dedicated device that will be designed later?

I honestly wouldn't expect it to ever happen. I'll be happy if it does, but "we plan to in the future" usually means "its never happening" in PR speak.

Not picking on GHL specifically, thats just how these things usually go.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back