ION Director: Automatic testing and control of Ca, Mg, K, Na, and NO3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nerses818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just bought an apex system from another reefer and then saw this product post and now that apex is back up for sale. Even with taking a loss on that this is literally everything I’ve been wanting from a company.

side question though, can’t remember if it has already been answered so sorry if I’m repeating. Will the ion director be able to automatically adjust dosing for calcium and magnesium similar to the way the kH director does for alk?

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just bought an apex system from another reefer and then saw this product post and now that apex is back up for sale. Even with taking a loss on that this is literally everything I’ve been wanting from a company.

side question though, can’t remember if it has already been answered so sorry if I’m repeating. Will the ion director be able to automatically adjust dosing for calcium and magnesium similar to the way the kH director does for alk?

Yes.
You can tell the IOND at what level you want to maintain a certain parameter. If a test result falls outside of range, the IOND will send a command to the assigned dosing pump head and modify the existing dose schedule to either increase or decrease the next scheduled dosages.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.
You can tell the IOND at what level you want to maintain a certain parameter. If a test result falls outside of range, the IOND will send a command to the assigned dosing pump head and modify the existing dose schedule to either increase or decrease the next scheduled dosages.

Is it possible to have it test again to confirm the reading, before going forward with an adjustment? Or can we add fail-safes along the line of "when adjusting, never dose more than X"?

thanks

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA quick questions regarding how it regulates the calcium. lets say I use brs calcium and the system doeses it accordingly. how does the system know if I switch calcium products or if I mix my calcium up stronger to lower or raise the dose? is there an input to tell the system how many ml of calcium would raise your tank.

If one changes the brand of supplement, it is up to the user to find out whether the new liquid is more concentrated or not. If it is stronger or more diluted, the regular dosing schedule should be adjusted accordingly. If no changes are made to the normal dosage schedule, the KHD will detect the change in KH and make the adjustments based on the maximum allowed change you entered in the settings.

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be interesting to know is if the PO4 can be added to the IOND:
-> soon?
-> by replacing the multi-parameter probe?
-> Will we be limited to 5 parameters that will have to be chosen or can we have more than 5 parameters?

OR it will it be a new dedicated device that will be designed later?
The hardware on the IOND is already developed with the possibility of future parameters being added.
It is far too early to say what they are and how it will be implemented. We will only announce after we've done our own testing and see that precise and accurate measurements can be had.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate or phosphorus would be nice but so would iron, strontium and copper

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has been posted but did not see it. How often does the ion director test by default?
Does it test all parameters equally?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has been posted but did not see it. How often does the ion director test by default?
Since the product isn’t released yet I imagine that info isn’t available yet.

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We leave it up to the user to decide how often the IOND should test?
Anywhere between 1-24 times per day is possible.

Yes, one test will cover all 5 parameters.

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*** ION DIRECTOR UPDATE ***

ION Director_White_Front_small (new).png

We're continuing to make progress with the ION Director interface on both the app and PC. Measurement logging, charting, parameter comparisons, parameter-specific alarm conditions and user-defined ranges.
We're excited to have this in the hands of aquarists around the world!

Charts.png
Dashboard.png

GCC_IOND_Doser.JPG

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*** ION DIRECTOR UPDATE ***
ION Director_White_Front_small (new).png

We're continuing to make progress with the ION Director interface on both the app and PC. Measurement logging, charting, parameter comparisons, parameter-specific alarm conditions and user-defined ranges.
We're excited to have this in the hands of aquarists around the world!

Charts.png
Dashboard.png

GCC_IOND_Doser.JPG
Is it still on schedule for late 2019 launch?

jim_fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im thinking i might end up looking like a bit of an idiot here
but here goes

from my understanding i need a 4 head doser just to do the tests

so do i need another one to do the actual dosing ?

thanks

Jim

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im thinking i might end up looking like a bit of an idiot here
but here goes

from my understanding i need a 4 head doser just to do the tests

so do i need another one to do the actual dosing ?

thanks

Jim
Yes, if you want to automate dosing.

It's pretty much the same with the KH Director - you use three of the heads with that, so you have one left over for whatever, but that's not enough for two or three-part dosing (or potentially four with Triton).

Back