ION Director delays and Brexit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so we in the United Kingdom now know where we are in respect of the terms of a deal for exiting the European Union. My admittedly brief reading of the operative terms is that the zero-rating of intra-community supplies has come to an end and all movements of goods across our border are now imports or exports, i.e. subject to UK or EU import VAT.

So it is seems to me unavoidable that anyone who pre-ordered an ION Director will now have to make a further payment of: i) VAT on the purchase price (at what, 20%?); ii) any customs duties (no idea if these apply here and I'm too lazy to look); iii) any admin fees charged by the courier for the first two charges. My experience is that couriers refuse to release goods until these fees are paid.

So all politics aside I just wondered what people's thoughts are / what they people planning to do, in respect of their ION Director? I'm in two minds.

U

User1

View Badges
Has confusing as your mess is over there would it still apply if the transaction occurred before the divorce?

It very well could be that it was thought of, what happens with items mid flight of separation, and was just too messy. I'm sure this had to be thought of or if not the simple solution is deposit - total + correction and you stay in line until product is shipped.

OP
OP
M

Matt Peacock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I understand it - you do not need to pay German VAT (19 %) when you are outside the EU.

Sincerely Lasse

Oh interesting, well if that's the case then it might end up (approximately) balancing itself out which would be a good result.

Has confusing as your mess is over there would it still apply if the transaction occurred before the divorce?

It very well could be that it was thought of, what happens with items mid flight of separation, and was just too messy. I'm sure this had to be thought of or if not the simple solution is deposit - total + correction and you stay in line until product is shipped.

That's a fair point. As I understand it, what matters is the date the product hits our shores rather than the date of the transaction. But I'm certainly not on top of the detail so I might be out on that. If the total additional cost is small I suspect a lot of people will swallow it. But if we're talking an extra 20% then some fees on top, well that's a pretty chunky extra cost.

U

User1

View Badges
Oh interesting, well if that's the case then it might end up (approximately) balancing itself out which would be a good result.

That's a fair point. As I understand it, what matters is the date the product hits our shores rather than the date of the transaction. But I'm certainly not on top of the detail so I might be out on that. If the total additional cost is small I suspect a lot of people will swallow it. But if we're talking an extra 20% then some fees on top, well that's a pretty chunky extra cost.

I agree. Fully understand and actually it is an amazing question if truth be told.

U

User1

View Badges
Since we are the guinea pigs GHL can eat the pre-order extra costs if any

Lol - no. There will not be any guinea pigs. I would wager that the unit has been very well tested. Seriously.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol - no. There will not be any guinea pigs. I would wager that the unit has been very well tested. Seriously.
I hope that you are correct. I would love nothing more than to come on here saying how great the ION works!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back