ION Director pricing announced! Pre-order yours today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to wait, it doesn’t. Will it ever? I doubt it. There is more on this issue that has been posted but it’s all speculation.

I think I have narrowed down the probe they are using and if I am correct they could test for several other substances but the only ones that would make any sense in a SW aquarium would be Ammonium and pH level. My guess is that they will use the pH value to calculate out the Ammonia levels using the basic equilibrium laws between them. They might display pH also just so people can verify their existing probes are calibrated, but the data would be once or twice a day so it really is not a substitute for a regular pH probe.

Last edited:

Makki_73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have narrowed down the probe they are using and if I am correct they could test for several other substances but the only ones that would make any sense in a SW aquarium would be Ammonium and pH. My guess is that they will use the pH value to calculate out the Ammonia levels using the basic equilibrium laws between them. They might display pH also just so people can verify their existing probes are calibrated, but the data would be once or twice a day so it really is not a substitute for a regular pH probe.

So you're saying no way for phosphate testing ?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you're saying no way for phosphate testing ?
The issue isn't that phosphates can't be tested in this manner. The problem is accuracy/resolution at the very low ranges we want for a reef tank.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos in English will be coming before it is released in action..

Reefaplooza Chicago:

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos in English will be coming before it is released in action..

Reefaplooza Chicago:

Thanks, but I saw this one a long time ago. I really want to see it in action taking some readings and then have them compared to Test kits or better yet ICP tests.

pigmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is Natrium lol

Screenshot_20200201-164738_Chrome.jpg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it the star trek way of saying sodium? or is it a typotrium ;Clown

Pure Sodium is a metal (Na) and that element is what the probe is measuring.
We are use to dealing with Sodium Chloride NaCl. Since this is a one to one ratio it really does not matter as the reading should be the same. As to why the use of Natrium, I guess it's technically correct since Natrium is how we get the Na from the original Latin designation. It's kind of odd that they would use that but I guess it's just a translation thing that will be changed later.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back