ION Director pricing announced! Pre-order yours today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1575574100615.png

ION DIRECTOR
NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER

1575574174508.png

Special pre-order discount, pricing and shipping info
How to pre-order
1. Click the link above
2. On pre-order page, scroll down and click the "Order now" button
3. Provide the following details:

• Full name (First / Last)
  • Shipping info
  • Item you want to pre-order and quantity
4. We will add you to the list and contact you shortly with more information.

ION Director pricing
ION Director single device: $499.90 ($424.92 if ordered before 01/31/20)
ION Director Standalone Set: $899.90 ($764.92 if ordered before 01/31/20)
ION Director Slave Set: $849.90 ($722.42 if ordered before 01/31/20)
Replacement multi-ion probe: $129.90

What is the ION Director?

1575574372896.png

Automated Ca, Mg, K, Na and NO3 testing made easy!
Achieve the next level of water testing automation with the ION Director (IOND). Through the use of ion-selective technology, the IOND automatically measures and controls Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, and Nitrate levels in saltwater aquariums.

Get a deeper understanding of your aquarium with the IOND. The ION Director can be used alone or together with a KH Director (KHD). Coupled with the KHD for Alkalinity monitoring and control, the IOND and KHD are the perfect tools for controlling your parameters like never before.

Each parameter can be measured and automatically controlled. If one or more parameters are too low or too high, the IOND can automatically determine how much of an adjustment is needed to maintain stable parameters.

1575574409971.png

One Multi-Ion sensor and no reagents
On going research and testing has allowed us to specially develop our own multi-ion sensor. No need for a dedicated ion sensor per parameter plus a reference electrode, no need for single reagents per parameter. Only one multi-ion sensor and reasonably priced reference fluids are required.

1575574479047.png

Ultimate accuracy and precision
As with many things in this hobby, stability is key. Through the use of four dosing pump heads, the IOND effectively performs measurements with lab-grade precision and accuracy, each and every time.

Out of the four pump heads, two are used to transport two separate reference fluids for automatic ion-sensor calibration. The use of these heads eliminate the need to manually calibrate the sensor. This ensures that each test is used with a freshly calibrated sensor, every time.

1575574524242.png

Pairs perfectly with the KH Director
Fully automate and control the aquarium's most important water parameters with the IOND and KHD.

Perfect integration into GHL Connect
Use the extensive logbook and analysis functions in your app and cloud myGHL.
1575574611108.png

ION Director confirmed details
  • Automated Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Nitrate testing and control
  • All tests performed with a single GHL developed multi-ion sensor for superior precision and accuracy
  • Hardware is prepared for future parameter add-ons
  • Uses only 2 reference fluids for ALL current and future parameters
  • Cost effective reference fluids
  • Automatic sensor calibration before each measurement
  • Automatic data logging and charting
  • Works in conjunction with a 4 pump GHL Doser 2.1
  • Can be used alongside GHL Standalone Doser (no aquarium controller required) or with a ProfiLux 3 or 4 controller
  • ION Director / Doser 2.1 Slave and Standalone packages will be available
  • Controllable through GHL Connect (app, webserver and cloud) and more
1575574747293.png

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The link just open an email to sales. I was curious to see what kind of down payement they are asking for but I do not see any info on exactly how one signs up or how you make a down payment if your interested.

U

User1

View Badges
The link just open an email to sales. I was curious to see what kind of down payement they are asking for but I do not see any info on exactly how one signs up or how you make a down payment if your interested.

Pre-order = pay in full.

Edit: I should clarify - this is my opinion and understanding. However, in another thread I believe someone said they are emailing Vinny (?) for clarification on what that is. Full price or partial or something.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can "waste" line return to tank?
How long do reference solutions last?
What is nominal / minimum testing required?
What is the cost of reference calibration solutions?

C'mon guys..

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

C'mon guys..

Yeah there are a lot of vague things like the questions you asked plus:

What is the probe lifespan in years or amount of Tests.
How much for the probe?
I have heard rough numbers like 1 year and $80 but it would be nice to know the details.
If they are asking for all the money upfront that would be a bad idea at this time but that is up to them.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

C'mon guys..

Since they don't recommend the KHD waste line to return to the tank I feel it is safe to assume the same here.
Depends on the size of the testing container and frequency.
Minimum of a test per day.
I'm guess it should be about the same as the KHD reagent, so $20 a 500ml bottle?

Yeah there are a lot of vague things like the questions you asked plus:

What is the probe lifespan in years or amount of Tests.
How much for the probe?
I have heard rough numbers like 1 year and $80 but it would be nice to know the details.
If they are asking for all the money upfront that would be a bad idea at this time but that is up to them.
$130 for the probe.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Just talked to Vinny and he gave me some info but the rest of it has not yet come in from Germany.

How long do reference solutions last? : 1 Year in storage and usage life depends on the test rate

What is nominal / minimum testing required?: Unknown, they are waiting for info from Germany

What is the cost of reference calibration solutions? : He thinks in the $20 range for the two bottles

How long do the probes last: 6 months to 18 Months depending on the water quality of the tank and the amount of tests done.

Price of the Probe?: Yeah it was listed as $129.98 I did not see it in his message.

How much down payment is needed?: It will not be 100% but they have not come up with a figure yet. You will be emailed the info once you sign up for Pre Order and they get the info from Germany.

U

User1

View Badges
How much down payment is needed?: It will not be 100% but they have not come up with a figure yet. You will be emailed the info once you sign up for Pre Order and they get the info from Germany.

I personally think this is a good compromise. As you know in the other thread the upfront cost always bugged me. And others or course.

Rest of the info I agree. It is a bit vague but not really applicable to me since it isn't something I am buying. But I'm super jazzed that they are at least considering pre-order to mean down payment. Hope the GHL users are happy.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look at it this way.. no harm in signing up via Email. No money spent yet. When they go asking for the money hopfully more info will be available. Regardless.. I’ll likely get the ION. I’m so heavily invested in GHL already.. what’s another 800 going to matter.. ugh

U

User1

View Badges
I look at it this way.. no harm in signing up via Email. No money spent yet. When they go asking for the money hopfully more info will be available. Regardless.. I’ll likely get the ION. I’m so heavily invested in GHL already.. what’s another 800 going to matter.. ugh

Well...there are really only two players in the market with reliability behind their company name. One is out today the other will be out Q1. You probably can't go wrong with either. The fact that you already have GHL it makes perfect sense to look at that first. I'd question why you wouldn't if you did look elsewhere.

What's another $800? Well, a month or two of food, a car payment or two, cell phone bill, cable bill, and a few other things mixed in... On the other hand it will save you some time from doing tests. Time is money and that leaves you time to do other things :D

Good luck and let us know how you like it.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's another $800? Well, a month or two of food, a car payment or two, cell phone bill, cable bill, and a few other things mixed in... On the other hand it will save you some time from doing tests. Time is money and that leaves you time to do other things :D
Oh brother... that kind of comment is below you..

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1575574100615.png

ION DIRECTOR
NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER

1575574174508.png

Special pre-order discount, pricing and shipping info
How to pre-order
1. Click the link above
2. On pre-order page, scroll down and click the "Order now" button
3. Provide the following details:

• Full name (First / Last)
  • Shipping info
  • Item you want to pre-order and quantity
4. We will add you to the list and contact you shortly with more information.

ION Director pricing
ION Director single device: $499.90 ($424.92 if ordered before 01/31/20)
ION Director Standalone Set: $899.90 ($764.92 if ordered before 01/31/20)
ION Director Slave Set: $849.90 ($722.42 if ordered before 01/31/20)
Replacement multi-ion probe: $129.90

What is the ION Director?

1575574372896.png

Automated Ca, Mg, K, Na and NO3 testing made easy!
Achieve the next level of water testing automation with the ION Director (IOND). Through the use of ion-selective technology, the IOND automatically measures and controls Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, and Nitrate levels in saltwater aquariums.

Get a deeper understanding of your aquarium with the IOND. The ION Director can be used alone or together with a KH Director (KHD). Coupled with the KHD for Alkalinity monitoring and control, the IOND and KHD are the perfect tools for controlling your parameters like never before.

Each parameter can be measured and automatically controlled. If one or more parameters are too low or too high, the IOND can automatically determine how much of an adjustment is needed to maintain stable parameters.

1575574409971.png

One Multi-Ion sensor and no reagents
On going research and testing has allowed us to specially develop our own multi-ion sensor. No need for a dedicated ion sensor per parameter plus a reference electrode, no need for single reagents per parameter. Only one multi-ion sensor and reasonably priced reference fluids are required.

1575574479047.png

Ultimate accuracy and precision
As with many things in this hobby, stability is key. Through the use of four dosing pump heads, the IOND effectively performs measurements with lab-grade precision and accuracy, each and every time.

Out of the four pump heads, two are used to transport two separate reference fluids for automatic ion-sensor calibration. The use of these heads eliminate the need to manually calibrate the sensor. This ensures that each test is used with a freshly calibrated sensor, every time.

1575574524242.png

Pairs perfectly with the KH Director
Fully automate and control the aquarium's most important water parameters with the IOND and KHD.

Perfect integration into GHL Connect
Use the extensive logbook and analysis functions in your app and cloud myGHL.
1575574611108.png

ION Director confirmed details
  • Automated Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Nitrate testing and control
  • All tests performed with a single GHL developed multi-ion sensor for superior precision and accuracy
  • Hardware is prepared for future parameter add-ons
  • Uses only 2 reference fluids for ALL current and future parameters
  • Cost effective reference fluids
  • Automatic sensor calibration before each measurement
  • Automatic data logging and charting
  • Works in conjunction with a 4 pump GHL Doser 2.1
  • Can be used alongside GHL Standalone Doser (no aquarium controller required) or with a ProfiLux 3 or 4 controller
  • ION Director / Doser 2.1 Slave and Standalone packages will be available
  • Controllable through GHL Connect (app, webserver and cloud) and more
1575574747293.png
Thanks Vinny, Order placed. No clue how I ready over this a dozen times.
Jeff

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree, the information on the ion director is just about non existent. I am fairly confident that GHL will make a good product and the fact that the only part that is likely to fail (the probe) can be removed and even upgraded makes me feel a kot more confident in it's long term future. The part that worries me is that all my research on Ion probes has kind of made me wish that this thing was in the hands of users already and we had some idea of the lifespan of the probe. I am very interested in seeing what the warranty period is on the probe. As for laying out a huge down payment, I am not sure if I am willing to do that until at least a few reviews are done on the system.

As for Phosphate being added, from what I am reading it might be possible but it would be really fringe tech to do it in SW. Phosphate is a Trivalent Ion and detection would be very hard with so many lower Valent ions in the water. I would put my money on Ammonia, it seems to be a lot easier to read.

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...there are really only two players in the market with reliability behind their company name. One is out today the other will be out Q1. You probably can't go wrong with either. The fact that you already have GHL it makes perfect sense to look at that first. I'd question why you wouldn't if you did look elsewhere.

Good luck and let us know how you like it.
Right? OK, i get what you are saying, but... I have worked hard on my tank (let's say struggled) for two years. Corals are for the most part new to me and I have finally gotten to the point where I have some inkling of what I am doing but I test all the time. I monitor my tank from work several times a day, watching the Alkalinity. Because of my GHL equipment, my temp does not vary more then .5 degrees, my alkalinity stays within .1 of 8.4... When this was announced, i started putting money back a little at a time, not even knowing what it would cost and I actually have twice the amount that i need now, but i have invested so much more in my corals, clams and fish... it's how I relax and enjoy my time when i'm not working so, yea, it's expensive but it's insurance for me and my investment.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else notice that it shows phosphate right next to nitrate?

F3512E8B-7BEE-4715-81C3-B185B4E134A6.png

U

User1

View Badges
Right? OK, i get what you are saying, but... I have worked hard on my tank (let's say struggled) for two years. Corals are for the most part new to me and I have finally gotten to the point where I have some inkling of what I am doing but I test all the time. I monitor my tank from work several times a day, watching the Alkalinity. Because of my GHL equipment, my temp does not vary more then .5 degrees, my alkalinity stays within .1 of 8.4... When this was announced, i started putting money back a little at a time, not even knowing what it would cost and I actually have twice the amount that i need now, but i have invested so much more in my corals, clams and fish... it's how I relax and enjoy my time when i'm not working so, yea, it's expensive but it's insurance for me and my investment.

Seems you are the second person to comment to me about the reply. The person asked "what is another $800" - I simply was throwing things out there in jest. No where did I say it is expensive, over priced, or you made a bad choice. When I read "what is another" that is what crossed my mind so I answered. Right after that I followed up with "
On the other hand it will save you some time from doing tests. Time is money and that leaves you time to do other things :)"

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back