ION Director pricing announced! Pre-order yours today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems you are the second person to comment to me about the reply. The person asked "what is another $800" - I simply was throwing things out there in jest. No where did I say it is expensive, over priced, or you made a bad choice. When I read "what is another" that is what crossed my mind so I answered. Right after that I followed up with "
On the other hand it will save you some time from doing tests. Time is money and that leaves you time to do other things :)"
Oh no worries. I get your point. I was just saying why it was worth it to me. I didn’t mean that that way! All good!

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those pointing out the phosphate in the image, lets exercise a bit of realistic expectation here. If phosphate was there, GHL knows how great that is and would have marketed it. Also note how the image is in logbook and not the sensor charting, which would suggest that while nitrate is measured, phosphate may be an input into logbook by the user after performing the test using a different test like Hanna.

Just want to make sure people set the right level of expectations. If I am wrong and phosphate measurement is real, that would be epic :)

U

User1

View Badges
Oh no worries. I get your point. I was just saying why it was worth it to me. I didn’t mean that that way! All good!

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I apologized to everyone in they took my words that way. It honestly wasn't the intent. Since you are the 2nd I figured I better try and clarify and then so some self reflection.

I'm mudding up the announcement and not my intent. I'm not after the product but excited for those of you who are. Some have been waiting a while. Some waiting on the information and feedback. Regardless I think it is a good time for it to hit the market and I'm super happy that they are at least looking at what pre-order means and how it relates to the hobbyist upfront cost. Win win for all. Hope everyone has a grand evening.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else notice that it shows phosphate right next to nitrate?

F3512E8B-7BEE-4715-81C3-B185B4E134A6.png
Yes but doesn’t the GHL logbook allow you to enter values from manual testing?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email sent for two, stand alone and non stand alone. Early Xmas present to self.

As for the log books yes that is a log book screen shot where you could record manual values of the test.

As for the lack of information, trust me more is coming :).

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email sent for two, stand alone and non stand alone
@Ditto I figured you would be betta testing one by now. Any advantage to getting master or slave other than saving $$
Signing up for one or two, could be the next ebay $1200 tester :p J/K

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically no use advantage, other than possible "redundancy" should your main controller ever die, you won't be SOL while waiting on the replacement, at least for the doser / testers.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically no use advantage, other than possible "redundancy" should your main controller ever die, you won't be SOL while waiting on the replacement, at least for the doser / testers.
One thing: With stand-alone used as slave we can update firmware via USB, a slave is updated through PAB and need disconnect all other PAB device during update.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else notice that it shows phosphate right next to nitrate?

F3512E8B-7BEE-4715-81C3-B185B4E134A6.png

Could be from the logbook, could be while they were testing phosphate? They know the demand and were (are?) testing probes for it, but the levels we maintain made for accuracy issues. GHL (and others) is likely still working on it.

On the other hand it will save you some time from doing tests. Time is money and that leaves you time to do other things :)"
What are these tests you speak of? We are supposed to do that? :D

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey did anyone receive a confirmation email for signing up? I hit the button then nothing? now the button doesn't work?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not expect any reply right now. I would think they would wait at least a couple of weeks for this info to circulate then they would tally the numbers for each configuration of unit needed and report it back to HQ in Germany and wait on them to decide what kind of down payment they want.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy @ajhudson15

I emailed GHLUSA yesterday via the button. I received a preorder form this morning from them to select unit type and quantity (slave kit with black trim in my case) signed it and email it back to them. The next step is an invoice from intuit for my deposit.

It is a 50% downpayment by 31 Jan 2020 for the preorder discount and the remainder is due about 2 weeks prior to delivery.

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy @ajhudson15

I emailed GHLUSA yesterday via the button. I received a preorder form this morning from them to select unit type and quantity (slave kit with black trim in my case) signed it and email it back to them. The next step is an invoice from intuit for my deposit.

It is a 50% downpayment by 31 Jan 2020 for the preorder discount and the remainder is due about 2 weeks prior to delivery.
THATS AWESOME. I was hoping a 50/50 split.

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @vangvace said, it’s a downpayment of atleast 50%

I also emailed out the pre order for the IOND w/slave and received an email this morning with a form to fill out and sign. I filled it out and emailed it back to them and they generated an invoice through intuit for me within the half hour. I just submitted my downpayment.

According to the literature included with the form, it indicates that the downpayment needs to be made by Jan 31, 2020 in order to keep the 15% discount. They will begin shipping March 31, 2020 in the order in which binding pre orders are received. Your order is considered “binding” once the downpayment is made, not in order of when you first email them a pre order inquiry or fill out the pre order form. The remainder of the payment needs to be made 2 weeks before delivery. Looking forward to this!! Good luck to all!!

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just received an email on the pre order. I am kind of shocked.
50% down is what they require.

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im more than ready all dress up and ready to go. The probe i believe its 130$ to replace. Either pay full or 50% down payment for the pre-order. Save 15% if pre-order. I have the kh director and so far it did a good job. As far as the doser is top notch. I use it to dose zeovit and some require 2ml dosing.
BEE6F5D1-DDB1-4216-954A-43DA60DDE909.jpeg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the resolution of the different parameters and what is the accuracy of them?

Sincerely Lasse
I have this exact question. I can't find the information anywhere. I'd love to see the numbers before deciding to preorder.

@Vinny@GHLUSA can you help with this?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back