ION Director pricing announced! Pre-order yours today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I did not see a method to edit the quick books page. I will look again.
Hit the button I circled
EAE04A8A-606C-4A91-B0C0-C2639208A00A.jpeg

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as soon as the tank matures more ill be buying this with the DKH director.. ill get both to automate those dang sps parameters... i still have a little awhile as im just starting sps.once I cant handle it. im on this.

i still want my 4 fan breeze for next summer. we didnt get lucky on cyber monday or black friday...

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put an auto Doser on my tank ... what is that thing your talking about ? Can I hook up my auto Doser to it and it will read the leveles and dose it as needed ? Or would that Be like the auto Doser just replacing it with also reading the parameters first and then dose the stuff as needed ? I m Totally blonde sorry help

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need any controller (ProfiLux or Apex) to use the ION Director. As long as you get an IOND Standalone set, you will effectively have everything you need to start testing, monitoring and recording data. If you want to also control parameters, you can do that with this kit by adding a slave doser to the setup.

If at a later point, you want to use a ProfiLux controller, you can take the existing IOND SA set and just switch that doser over to slave mode, then connect both the IOND and doser to the ProfiLux.

You have options. :)
Vinny@GHLUSA. I am currently using my GHL SA unit for dosing currently. I would need another 2 SA dosing unit if I want to run the ION and KH director?

Isabel’s Hobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds awesome ! Thank you for explaining seriously I m not new in SW but I just started the testing and adding. I was one of the people what never did any of that and was fine for the past 4 years with weekly to by weekly water changes. As I get more into the growing of my coral I figured it’s time .... love the option possibility! As I m going to Germany usually for 4 weeks at the time every other year. So having my tank go beautiful without worry would be worth every penny since I have lots of expensive corals but even if I did not ... nobody wants the corals to die no matter what price.
thank you for your answer. I m getting still confused about all the abbreviation talk but I m learning ;)
I just put a Kamoer F4 pro on it so that director would take its place if I buy the hole package ... correct ?

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinny@GHLUSA. I am currently using my GHL SA unit for dosing currently. I would need another 2 SA dosing unit if I want to run the ION and KH director?
In your case, 1x KHD slave set and 1x IOND slave set would be ideal. Your current SA unit would be the master device which will control both KHD and IOND sets.

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds awesome ! Thank you for explaining seriously I m not new in SW but I just started the testing and adding. I was one of the people what never did any of that and was fine for the past 4 years with weekly to by weekly water changes. As I get more into the growing of my coral I figured it’s time .... love the option possibility! As I m going to Germany usually for 4 weeks at the time every other year. So having my tank go beautiful without worry would be worth every penny since I have lots of expensive corals but even if I did not ... nobody wants the corals to die no matter what price.
thank you for your answer. I m getting still confused about all the abbreviation talk but I m learning ;)
I just put a Kamoer F4 pro on it so that director would take its place if I buy the hole package ... correct ?
Yes, you would need an IOND Standalone (SA) set which comes with the doser needed to run the IOND. To replace the Kamoer, you would need an additional Doser 2.1 (slave version). This additional doser is what you would use to run the same schedule you're running now with the current doser. If the IOND determines one of the parameters are outside of the desired range, you existing dose schedules will automatically be adjusted.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW Vinny if your reading this I think a lot of people might have messed up sending you back the email response.
You sent the application form from your own personal email account and I think most people just hit reply and sent back the filled out form. It was only afterwards that I realized you specified that it should be sent to [email protected]
Thanks for pointing that out, this mistake was made when replying to some people. Don't worry, the customer emails will be handled properly anyway.

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question which may sound stupid. Does the sodium testing equate with salinity?

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for asking all these questions. The reason why I hadn't mentioned all answers on our IOND blog is simple: Either I just didn't think of it as an important question or there was not yet a final answer at that time.
I updated our IOND blog, please read the most recent information about the IOND here:

for US customers (with $ prices, valid for USA):

for English-speaking NON US customers (with Euro prices):

for German-speaking customers (with Euro prices):

I am sure there will come up other questions. Let me know, I will update our IOND blog constantly.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question which may sound stupid. Does the sodium testing equate with salinity?
Actually I didn't think about that yet, but although Na is by far the largest part of ions in seawater wouldn't the salinity need to consider the sum of all ions?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Matthias Gross @Vinny@GHLUSA @Support@GHLUSA
How much of the reference fluid comes with the ION Director?
What’s the cost of the reference fluid per container?
What are the sizes of the containers of the reference fluids?
Will the reference containers have the caps that can be directly attached to the doser?
In US dollars please.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I didn't think about that yet, but although Na is by far the largest part of ions in seawater wouldn't the salinity need to consider the sum of all ions?
There is a way to calculate the salinity with help of the macro elements even if you do not know all - even if you miss the Cl concentration. I use it as a check up from my Triton analyses. This homepage give you a good calculator and a explanation. The only important macro that you need (compared with what the ion director give you) in order to give a good estimate of the salinity is sulfur. the normal concentration is 900 mg/l and if you put in 900 in the calculation - you will have an idea of the salinity.

Sincerely Lasse

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can both the KHD and ION correct a parameter if dosing three part solutions?

I use aquaforest so I need to dose equally all three parts which the KHD is doing but sometimes my calcium still drops could I also let the ION make a % change On the same doser heads I configured for the KHD and the system
Would read both % changes and dose accordingly?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can both the KHD and ION correct a parameter if dosing three part solutions?

I use aquaforest so I need to dose equally all three parts which the KHD is doing but sometimes my calcium still drops could I also let the ION make a % change On the same doser heads I configured for the KHD and the system
Would read both % changes and dose accordingly?
I'm curious why you would want to do it this way?

It would make sense to me that you would set the target dose rate of each head to the same number and allow the appropriate test device to control the adjustments for that head.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already set pumps 6 7 8 to the correct amount and the KHD makes small adjustments without any issues.

With the ION coming I want also to control the calcium and Mag.

Since Aquaforest says dose all 3 equally controlled by the alkalinity I sometimes have a drop in Calcium and I have to do a separate dose.

I would use the ION to take the measurement and adjust the same dosing heads that are being adjusted by the KHD.

So if the KHD says 0 percent change across pumps 6 7 8 which are my three solutions of aquaforest and the ION measures and says my calcium is low which is pump 7 and it says adjust 6% will it adjust at 6%.

Hope that helps clarify :)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LOL I thought the same thing and then it hit me that an an Ion probe will only allow a specif Ion to interact with the Electrode. So only the charge from the sodium Ion can interact with the membrane and the Electrode. I would imagine this is not a problem as it can actually be looked at as Salinity value If one assumes that the Sodium is bonded to a Chloride atom. The interesting part is that if a manual salinty probe reads a different value than the calculated one by the Ion Director I would imagine it means that some Sodium is either bonded to something else or is free floating. This might allow the aquarium owner to see what is happening with Two Part solution in a more detailed way.

Back