ION Director pricing announced! Pre-order yours today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that confirmed, or is reasoning being attributed to other similar industry solutions? Simple answers to questions like that, avert people having to ask questions like that. This isn't the first rodeo, that's what I meant by my c'mon guys comment earlier. They have pretty much all the facts ready to go, why not get on with it and release them?

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It have been answered

@vangvace I do not know if it is you or me that have misunderstand these 70 %. As I understand it 70 % of the compounds in seawater have its origin from NaCl - there Na is the positive ion and Cl the negative. IMO - this is not the same as to say that Na is responsible for 70 % of the salinity. It is also my opinion that a two part solution will not give an excess of Na ions, on the contrary it will give an excess of chloride ions (if it is not balanced with (as an example) sodium sulfate) and that the original Balling three parts was developed just with a balance of Na and Cl ions as a goal.

Knowing the 4 most important (for salinity) positive ions in your saltwater - it is possible to compute an estimate of your salinity - as an example with help of this calculator This link will also explain why and how.

The ion director will give you these most important cations - but you would also need the sulfate content too (if you not know your chloride levels) in order to get a good estimate of your salinity.

As an example - from my last Triton Lab:s report I used only the four cations ion that Ion director will give us and get an salinity of 33.77 psu. If I put in my S result too - I get a salinity of 34.50 psu. If I use all that the calculator demands - I get 34.52 psu. In the first example - I had S to 0 - if I put S to the normal 900 ppm (in seawater) - I get 34.39 psu.

My salinity meter read 33.4 psu at the sample time and my calibrated refractometer give me just under 35 psu.

IMO - knowing the four cations that ION director gives us and assume a S content of 900 ppm will give us a very good estimate of our salinity - using the calculator I linked to.

Sincerely Lasse
Lasse,

It is likely me with the misunderstanding or missing knowledge. The 2 part additives that do not use the balling method, like BRS 2 part's Sodium carbonate and Calcium Chloride, result in a excess NaCl as calcium carbonate is formed. This can raise salinity over time and dosing.

The calculator in your link is really interesting and I hope to explore it more later to see how different values effect salinity.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that confirmed, or is reasoning being attributed to other similar industry solutions? Simple answers to questions like that, avert people having to ask questions like that. This isn't the first rodeo, that's what I meant by my c'mon guys comment earlier. They have pretty much all the facts ready to go, why not get on with it and release them?

There is a November video by Meerwasser on YouTube. It's in German but he is talking about all The NDA's he had to sign just to do a 10 min vague video discussion on the ion Director. He gives almost no details and is also saying its so secretive its crazy. I guess GHL knows who they are playing against and are not going to give the attack squad an ounce of free ammunition.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm ignorant to the rest of the field in terms of ionic probes, at this point I had thought there was just the xtepa or whatever it's called on the horizon. I guess they're really taking serious the 3 month drop window to keep hush. If it's in regards to another certain controller manufacturer, I don't think they have much to worry about. That company is doing a good job steering people to GHL by the actions of staff, let alone their hardware.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have there been only beta testers on forums? Or everyone is under NDA?

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NDA is my assumption. I'm surprised Ditto isn't a beta tester... or his he?

giphy.gif

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will only last 6 months if you are testing every hour of every day. It's a wear and tear item. The more you test the the faster it will wear out. I don't think most people will even come close to testing that often.

I would love to test that often but I am not inclined to spend $260+ a year to get that kind of almost real time results. I think I will stick to 4 times a day or whatever gives me the 18 month lifespan. The good thing is that the probe might be upgraded over time, so who knows you might be able to insert a Gen 2 version into it in a couple of years and get 2-3 years out of that probe and maybe 2-3 additional tests.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA Will retailers that carry GHL products be receiving ion directors at the same time preorders are delivered, before, or after? I understand and appreciate that pre-order comes with a discount. I’m just wondering if some of your loyal retailers will be receiving an allotment of the first shipment of ion directors? Looking forward to it, great work and Thanks!

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA Will retailers that carry GHL products be receiving ion directors at the same time preorders are delivered, before, or after? I understand and appreciate that pre-order comes with a discount. I’m just wondering if some of your loyal retailers will be receiving an allotment of the first shipment of ion directors? Looking forward to it, great work and Thanks!

We're giving everyone (end-users and dealers) a fair chance and handling this on a first come first serve basis.

widarecu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the answer is yes but just checking, I don’t have a controller yet but if I get the stand-alone option and in the future I buy the ProfiLux, can I still connect them together?

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you would revert the doser 2.1 SA into a slave unit, and connect it and the IOD via pab to the ProfiLux unit.

widarecu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you would revert the doser 2.1 SA into a slave unit, and connect it and the IOD via pab to the ProfiLux unit.
Thanks!!!! Pre-ordering now, first GHL product for me, hopefully I don’t get disappointed :)

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a growing number of resources for ProfiLux, so should you need help it shouldn't be hard to find. Welcome aboard.

widarecu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a growing number of resources for ProfiLux, so should you need help it shouldn't be hard to find. Welcome aboard.
I’ve been looking at that recently, I’ve been with Apex for almost 5 years but frustrated they neglect the non-US market (I’m in Australia) so definitely if I like the ION Director for sure I’ll make the jump

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just realize the prototype ion director start out with 3 input and the final product has 4 input. Was the extra input for more test with more reagent type b.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA I sent my request the day I received the Email and have still not received an order email?

Makki_73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the ion director tests phosphate, I'm all in. waiting for that announcement.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the ion director tests phosphate, I'm all in. waiting for that announcement.
No need to wait, it doesn’t. Will it ever? I doubt it. There is more on this issue that has been posted but it’s all speculation.

Makki_73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to wait, it doesn’t. Will it ever? I doubt it. There is more on this issue that has been posted but it’s all speculation.

Since I have a calcium reactor I think KH director would be all I need then. In my opinion testing nitrates alone is not a game changer when the tank is otherwise stable. I considered the Ion director just to compliment my tank control system and give me a better idea on how a tank responds to certain elements levels.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back