ION Director unbiased review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

IKD

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Ghl recommends as a common step in the troubleshooting documentation to use the "prepare measurement cell" function, and wait at least 6 hours.

I just did that since it can be done remotely with myGHL.

Seems like air bubbles is the bane of the IonD, and extra care needs to be taken to avoid them.

Preparing the measurement cell will flush the system, and hopefully evacuate air bubbles.

I'll see how that went tonight at my usual 8pm measurement.
Hope this resolves the issue for you!

Lucas815

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I had to do the measurement twice, but sensor health is now up to 89%, and readings are back to previous values.

Seems like GHL's troubleshooting documentation was accurate, and I'm now back on track.

Alex Bonanno

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Just out of curiosity is there anyone on here who paid for it two years ago and is still waiting?
Yes, Paid for in June 2020. However, I’m on the edge of canceling. I got it to save time from testing every couple days but it seems to be more hassle than it’s worth from all the reviews. Also, I’m pretty disappointed in how GHL has treated their customers over the past 3 years.

IKD

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Yes, Paid for in June 2020. However, I’m on the edge of canceling. I got it to save time from testing every couple days but it seems to be more hassle than it’s worth from all the reviews. Also, I’m pretty disappointed in how GHL has treated their customers over the past 3 years.
Thanks for sharing!

robbyg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks for letting us know. I am sure there are others who don't want to lose their place in line.
Your far more patient than I am. I bailed after the third delay which must have been at least 18 months ago.

Lucas815

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Well i'm back to having sensor issues.

I used the "Prepare measurement cell" feature again, and it worked for the next test, but the test on the next day failed.

I think I have air entering the system.
I noticed that the inline filter is filled 3/4 with air, so maybe its not airtight anymore and keeps feeding air into the tubing.

On a positive note, I opened a ticket with GHL and received a reply from Vinny 24 hours later.
I had closed it myself because it seemed to work with my troubleshooting steps, but I might have to open it again since i'm still having issues.

I will try to fix this "air in the filter" issue before that though, and see if that changes something.

IKD

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Well i'm back to having sensor issues.

I used the "Prepare measurement cell" feature again, and it worked for the next test, but the test on the next day failed.

I think I have air entering the system.
I noticed that the inline filter is filled 3/4 with air, so maybe its not airtight anymore and keeps feeding air into the tubing.

On a positive note, I opened a ticket with GHL and received a reply from Vinny 24 hours later.
I had closed it myself because it seemed to work with my troubleshooting steps, but I might have to open it again since i'm still having issues.

I will try to fix this "air in the filter" issue before that though, and see if that changes something.
Good luck with the fix and hope it’s just a short hiccup. Just in case I’m tagging @Lasse as he’s very familiar with GHL products and helps quite a few folks with GHL questions.

Lasse

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Good luck with the fix and hope it’s just a short hiccup. Just in case I’m tagging @Lasse as he’s very familiar with GHL products and helps quite a few folks with GHL questions.
I´m sorry - I can´t help so much in this - only that you need to get the inline tube - including the filter chamber - air free. I have one at work - had problem with first sensor after around 75 measurements - the replacement sensor worked great until we get a major electrical breakdown and the whole system got down. After the breakdown - I have not be able to get any measurements from the sensor. I have not been out from work for a while but will take up this again in the fall.

Sincerely Lasse

robbyg

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I wonder who is that one person out there that setup their system and has had zero issues?
GHL must be taking a serious financial hit on this product.

How much do you love or hate zoanthids?

• LOVE LOVE LOVE

Votes: 97 42.4%
  • Like them

Votes: 77 33.6%
  • Neither like or dislike

Votes: 33 14.4%
  • Don't like them

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • HATE HATE HATE

Votes: 11 4.8%
Copepods