ION Director: What OTHER values would you like to measure?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Besides Ca and Mg, what else would you like to see the ION Director measure?

• Phosphate

Votes: 260 90.3%
  • Nitrate

Votes: 246 85.4%
  • Potassium

Votes: 66 22.9%
  • Ammonium

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • Iodide

Votes: 54 18.8%

• Total voters

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mg, Ca.
kh, k, Sr.
or
NO3, k, Sr.
Welcome to the club @periquin! hey why not post in the greetings forum and say Hi

GHL some one mentioned Iron and for those running a fuge would be helpful. Now Im thinking why not have a user configurable system that a user can download the firmware and chose the 3 elements to fit their system

periquin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE = "siggy, post: 6034153, miembro: 78821"] ¡Bienvenido al club [USER = 105914] @periquin [/ USER]! Hola, ¿por qué no publicar en el foro de saludos y decir hola?

GHL, alguien mencionó a Iron y para aquellos que manejan una fuga sería útil. Ahora estoy pensando, ¿por qué no tener un sistema configurable por el usuario que un usuario puede descargar el firmware y elegir los 3 elementos para adaptarse a su sistema [/ QUOTE]

Sería muy bueno poder elegir los parámetros que desea medir. Estoy de acuerdo.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE = "siggy, post: 6034153, miembro: 78821"] ¡Bienvenido al club [USER = 105914] @periquin [/ USER]! Hola, ¿por qué no publicar en el foro de saludos y decir hola?

GHL, alguien mencionó a Iron y para aquellos que manejan una fuga sería útil. Ahora estoy pensando, ¿por qué no tener un sistema configurable por el usuario que un usuario puede descargar el firmware y elegir los 3 elementos para adaptarse a su sistema [/ QUOTE]

Sería muy bueno poder elegir los parámetros que desea medir. Estoy de acuerdo.
No espainole

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Kh,po4 and no3 that's the true trifecta. If there is K+ that would be bonus
CA, MAG, f, I..etc all need to be tested much much less frequent when you have kh po4 and no3 stable.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly agree with others. Nitrate, Phosphate, and Alk as a bonus. Otherwise CA/MG are fairly useless to me and just a wasted expense. Throw that trifecta and a package deal on a complete setup and I would switch in a nano second. I've run into more issues due to N/P rather than Alk related.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ION Director takes one sample and will do testing for all values at the same time, if this was the question. One ION Director, one Doser, for all.

I am not sure that everyone understands how revolutionary this is if you can get a measurement unit that can handle 5 different ions and measure the low levels that we "measure" for some of these ions, such as PO4 and that the price ends up around $ 800 - $ 1000 for the actual measurement unit. I´m impressed

One question - you mention ammonia - does the equipment measure NH4 or NH3 (ammonium or ammoniac)? If it is NH3 - I would prefer NH3 (because it is toxic), NO3 - because it is very difficult to measure and the third would be ---- oxygen. Oxygen is a critical parameter during night in mature aquariums with a lot of coral biomass and IMO a very underestimated danger. If you use the technology that I suspect you do – oxygen is no problem. You have oxygen probes today, but they are very expansive and tricky to use and calibrate. If your ION director is what I suspect – that technology is much more reliable than Clark electrodes – just my 5 cents

Sincerely Lasse

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now im.glad I'm going ghl. I day ghl.comes with auto testing for kh,ca,mg. Anything else is a plus. I wish they had a kh,ca,mg like apex. Not a kh on it's own. But hey. I'm excited to be a mitras buyer with p4 and doser 2.1for this build. Gotta start somewhere!

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now im.glad I'm going ghl. I day ghl.comes with auto testing for kh,ca,mg. Anything else is a plus. I wish they had a kh,ca,mg like apex. Not a kh on it's own. But hey. I'm excited to be a mitras buyer with p4 and doser 2.1for this build. Gotta start somewhere!
Ion based testers are the way of future in testing.

Bigboned

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the ion was to test for KH aswell, wouldn’t that make the director redundant?

Back