ION Director: What OTHER values would you like to measure?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Besides Ca and Mg, what else would you like to see the ION Director measure?

• Phosphate

Votes: 260 90.3%
  • Nitrate

Votes: 246 85.4%
  • Potassium

Votes: 66 22.9%
  • Ammonium

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • Iodide

Votes: 54 18.8%

• Total voters

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of great products for testing finally coming out.. The next five years will be very interesting... Right now seems they are all fighting for a part of the market. ION testing seems to be the future but when.. We heard for years trident was coming out and now it finally is... but will that be replaced with these new forms of testing coming to market?

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of great products for testing finally coming out.. The next five years will be very interesting... Right now seems they are all fighting for a part of the market. ION testing seems to be the future but when.. We heard for years trident was coming out and now it finally is... but will that be replaced with these new forms of testing coming to market?

Imo they are late. If they would have come out in 2018 when they said they were, it would have dominated the market. Now everyone has a product out or in this year.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Pacific Sun was looking into it but decided against it because in their research it just wasn't accurate or reliable enough so they are went with titration based. So I'm interested to see how GHL's will perform.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will have a report on the ion director from MACNA.
But we don’t want to wait till then... :p

I hate the idea of waiting till trade shows for new product releases. So many other industries are abandoning that concept and pushing new products in other ways. But I guess it all depends on budgets too. The folks that are small business can only push things a particular way.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For chances to stick with GHL and wait it out vs jumping to another product, would be nice to know about phosphate testing though.... totally understand though...

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They want to be able to let people see things in person. With 6000 to 7000 in attendance of serious hardcore reefers, there will be a lot of people looking at the GHL booth. I was an early adopter for GHL gear. I understand the reason why companies don't pre-announce things just look at the Vertex Cerebra debacle. Testing equipment must work or it looks bad on the company. So let's wait for an see what they have available.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But we don’t want to wait till then... :p

So many other industries are abandoning that concept and pushing new products in other ways. But I guess it all depends on budgets too. The folks that are small business can only push things a particular way.

At E3 this year, Sony and Nintendo didn't even bother coming lol. A lot of companies have been announcing things a week or so before trade shows to build up hype going into thm.

Either way, MACNA is next Friday. I don't want to wait either! Must. Know. More. Now.

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mindstream is not Ion based
How is it done?

Mindstream uses, "Advanced fluorescence and colorimetric sensor technology." My understanding is a specialized LED reads UV pads on a rotating replacement disc.

I am waiting on a mindstream, but it does not monitor nitrate and phosphate. I would consider another automated testing machine to monitor those in the future.

Last edited:

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider another automated testing machine to monitor those in the future.

The Mastertronic should be out later this year. Similar to reefbot, it uses existing test kits. I don't think ION testing can do phosphate but I would spend $$$$ if it did.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FB GHL group update:
Reef A Palooza Chicago October 2019

GHL is going to Reefapalooza Chicago! Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center, October 19 – 20, 2019.

World premiere: See the new ION Director live in action!
Fully automatic measuring of Ca, Mg, K and NO3 without reagents.

See you at booth #117!
PS: Details about the ION Director will follow very soon

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back