ION Director: What OTHER values would you like to measure?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Besides Ca and Mg, what else would you like to see the ION Director measure?

• Phosphate

Votes: 260 90.3%
  • Nitrate

Votes: 246 85.4%
  • Potassium

Votes: 66 22.9%
  • Ammonium

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • Iodide

Votes: 54 18.8%

• Total voters

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is at MACNA and has the scoop... let us know if there’s any news from GHL on the ION Director. Thanks!!

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They aren't going to be at MACNA. RAP Chicago I think is the first time the comsumer base will see it in person.

giphy.gif

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They posted it on the Facebook group almost a week ago.. no on the Phosphate testing at the moment. Guessing Potassium is it? I’ve got squat for knowledge in chemistry. Looks like a 4 head doser might be needed as well. Still no word on pricing.

“Reef A Palooza Chicago October 2019

GHL is going to Reefapalooza Chicago! Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center, October 19 – 20, 2019.

World premiere: See the new ION Director live in action!
Fully automatic measuring of Ca, Mg, K (potassium) and NO3 without reagents.

See you at booth #117!

PS: Details about the ION Director will follow very soon”

48209AF9-9E4D-46EE-88C6-9D8EC62856A9.jpeg

18C23033-6662-4557-AA7A-E814D422F20C.jpeg

Last edited:

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, is this final or will phosphate come later. i think we all agree that checking phosphate is important.
As far as I know they’re continuing to work on it but it would likely come later. If they did get it working it would be an upgrade but wouldn’t mean needing a new unit. It could replace one of the existing measures.

Last I heard anyway.
Tony

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been waiting on the winner in this automated testing war so I can finally switch from my digital aquatics reef keeper lite. Make the controller, doser, directors a package deal?

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going make GHL a huge winner in that "war" you speak of. While Phosphate will still need to be tested with a kit, everything else really worth testing for is going to soon be widely available. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they don't release it in sets only. I'm sure eventually the unit will be available by itself, but I already have plenty of dosers and would like to get it right when it releases.

Also, Phosphate! I know they say it might come later (it won't) but man I really want an auto-phosphate tester.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like the kh director, I'm sure the ion director will be available by itself or as a package deal (with a stand alone or slave doser). You'll need a doser stand alone or a profilux 4 to operate it.

Skibum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going make GHL a huge winner in that "war" you speak of. While Phosphate will still need to be tested with a kit, everything else really worth testing for is going to soon be widely available. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these.
I think I spend about 100 bucks a year on test kits alone, just eliminating most of those would be worth it. And unlike other reefers, I don't "dream" about an extra room for my fish stuff. The more contained and less obtrusive things are the better. I would also like to see Strontium and Boron tested.

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to go to RAP in Chicago to see this in person but with the money that i spend on the trip, I can buy the full set up (ION Director and Doser2.1) and it's not like I'm going to see it to make my decision. I am buying it. I am already installing the shelves for it in the tank room and rearranging the cabling. I just can't wait. If anyone goes, they need to post it here. Take a video!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back