Is 2ppm rodi water okay to use?

LeChef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 4 stage aquatic buddie rodi system and started running it a few minutes ago and the ppm was 2. Does it have to be 0 to use? I’ll wait a little longer for the system to flush and I’ll try again but was just wondering if it did stay at 2ppm could I use it to setup my tank?

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean you could but you have no idea what’s in that water, once mine hits 1tds I change it out just to be safe.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should run the prefilter and carbon to drain before hooking up your RO membrane.
Then flush the membrane for a few minutes before hooking up the DI canisters.

There could be a number of variables why your water is at 2ppm.

If you were using unknown ppm water beforehand, its likely fine.
But if you were using 0ppm water already, i would not use this until you get it sorted out.

Did you set up the system correctly with the proper flow restrictor in the waste line of your RO?
Do you know your product to waste ratio?
Pressure? Incoming tds?

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
um if you have an RO/DI and not just RO then you should be getting 0 TDS in output water. Otherwise I would call the vendor and return it for product defect.

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a brand new rodi system needs to produce 0 tds water.

double check to make sure you hooked it up correctly.

unless you already exhausted your DI resin, there's no reason for you to have 2 tds water.

J.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a good RODI should be kicking out 0 ppm. that being said 2ppm might be ok. To be safe I'd send it out for an ICP test to see what's in that 2ppm before you keep using it for too long.

OP
OP
LeChef

LeChef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a brand new rodi system needs to produce 0 tds water.

double check to make sure you hooked it up correctly.

unless you already exhausted your DI resin, there's no reason for you to have 2 tds water.

J.
Yea I just learned that you have to flush an rodi unit which I didn’t think about so I thought the cloudy water coming out of the waste was a good thing but research says I’m stupid and have to flush it so I’m doing that now.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 4 stage aquatic buddie rodi system and started running it a few minutes ago and the ppm was 2. Does it have to be 0 to use? I’ll wait a little longer for the system to flush and I’ll try again but was just wondering if it did stay at 2ppm could I use it to setup my tank?
Just run it a bit more, she will drop.
Make sure when you measure, drip direct to clean glass, measure from there. Maybe some TDS in your bucket, doesn’t take much.

I would have no issue using that to start my tank.

I doubt the meter is accurate.

Back