Is a PO4 and NO3 auto tester coming out soon?

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of an automatic tester like the Trident that will test PO4 and NO3? I heard rumor that the Trident 2.0 was going to introduce that but again that was just a rumor. I have the Trident and love it but honestly the only thing I really care about testing daily is ALK, PO4, and NO3.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ion director will test no3 in addition to a few other parameters. Mastertronic was just released and it tests both No3 and Po4 among other things.

I haven’t heard much about a new Trident but my understanding is they’re focusing on a light for right now. Of course, that doesn’t mean a new Trident isn’t in the works as well

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watch the latest let's talk reef from neptune systems, they hit about a new product coming to market very soon
And they did say its not the sky

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL announced today that they are extending the beta test of their Ion Director through March 21. But it automatically measures and controls Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Nitrate levels in saltwater aquariums.

WestCoastCorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL announced today that they are extending the beta test of their Ion Director through March 21. But it automatically measures and controls Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Nitrate levels in saltwater aquariums.
No way! I legit just bought a whole apex setup cause I thought GHL was lacking.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way! I legit just bought a whole apex setup cause I thought GHL was lacking.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the Ion Director will only be able to test alk once a day and it can’t be used to dose alk. The kicker though is that there are no reagents needed for any of the tests!

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the Ion Director will only be able to test alk once a day and it can’t be used to dose alk. The kicker though is that there are no reagents needed for any of the tests!
Just looked this up and the ion director does not test Alk

elysics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The limit on alk testing was with the mastertronic, they want you to buy both the alkatronic and the mastertronic

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back