Is a tunze 210 gph pump for recirculation pump ok on my CA reactor?

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will! . the Cust srevice on sicce when my first one was faulty I had to take videos of the unit, etc. Tunze totally has not been like that. Nothing bad about Sicce, but tunze just takes it to the next level and I feel way better (when I can afford them lol). TY!

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have piles of Tunze stuff and aside from the mounting magnets for things, it’s totally bombproof. I’m a huge fan of Tunze and EHEIM, it’s no nonsense very very reliable with great parts availability. It’s a one and done purchase. Also I’d bet you get even better media dissolution with a slightly lower flow rate.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you're looking at the 1073.008?

I have been using the 1073.02 as a return pump for about five years. The thing is great.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have piles of Tunze stuff and aside from the mounting magnets for things, it’s totally bombproof. I’m a huge fan of Tunze and EHEIM, it’s no nonsense very very reliable with great parts availability. It’s a one and done purchase. Also I’d bet you get even better media dissolution with a slightly lower flow rate.

I have been using the 1073.02 as a return pump for about five years. The thing is great.
yes I love tunze when I can afford.. and not everythning with them is $$$>. but even the $$ is very worth just the lifespan, forever. Not to mention the quality. *the customer service* way beyond even sicce.

Potatohead, yes i'm using the 1073.008 .. it's gr8.. I cant even tell it's on. I cant hear anything at al. I have to feel it to feel it going at all to make sure it's even on. The fittings dont fit too snug so I thought there would be a leak even with the teflon tape. Nope, it's perfect. $40. I was gonna get two just to have another.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good to know, I’ve been using the same Rio top off pumps for close to 15 years now, waiting for it to die. It’s one of the ceramic shaft models and it won’t die however I’ll get one of those to keep for when it does.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Same hear as my 1073.02 is almost 6 years running. Was on a nano 18" cubed and now on my 45 frag system.
I run all tunze in my 120.
Return, skimmer, carx, 4 powerheads in display.
2 6105's are 12 years old.
Cant beat Tunze. Roger is great and I will stick with Tunze on my upgrade.

louisvillereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I need to replace my 350 gph Sicce 1.5. I'd much rather use a Tunze brand.
This is the 'best fit' https://www.marinedepot.com/tunze-recirculation-pump-silence?refSrc=TZ1737&nosto=productpage-nosto-1
I'd use a bigger one, but the next one is just too big. I cant see myself why a 220 gph wouldnt work, as all it's doing is mixing the water in the chamber. It's a geo 2 chamber reactor
https://www.geosreef.com/product/geo-cr612x2-calcium-reactor/
I need to get this asap :-D
TIA!

How did the Tunze work out for you? I also need to replace the Sicce 1.5 on the same Geo reactor. This is my 2nd impeller replacement this year on the Sicce 1.5 and I'm so done messing around with it.

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone get the Tunze? I'm having to replace sicce impellers as well. I also tried the geo DC pump upgrade kit and that cheap pump is awful.

OP
OP
F

FishPersonFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same hear as my 1073.02 is almost 6 years running. Was on a nano 18" cubed and now on my 45 frag system.
I run all tunze in my 120.
Return, skimmer, carx, 4 powerheads in display.
2 6105's are 12 years old.
Cant beat Tunze. Roger is great and I will stick with Tunze on my upgrade.
YEs he's the best.. Tunze and kessil are on my top for service list right now. Sicce is on the bottom. When I had an issue they made it not easy to get warranty coverage. WHich is why I wanted my replacement as a tunze.

How did the Tunze work out for you? I also need to replace the Sicce 1.5 on the same Geo reactor. This is my 2nd impeller replacement this year on the Sicce 1.5 and I'm so done messing around with it.
Great! .. It's a little too low powered for when it's unplugged and plugged back in for whatever reason. It takes some time to get it 'prime' But it always does. It's very quiet, and I'd get it again and again.
Anyone get the Tunze? I'm having to replace sicce impellers as well. I also tried the geo DC pump upgrade kit and that cheap pump is awful.
see above. Tunze way worth it. I'm surprised it wasnt that $$$>. tunze is usually $$$$. But their stuff lasts forever.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back