Is an Apex worth it on waterbox 25

FishRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all! Would you consider it worth it to put an apex on a waterbox 25 mini peninsula. And would I even be able to fit all the little monitoring probes and extras in the tight quarters?

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant hurt and when you upgrade which you will, you will already be one step ahead. Smaller tank is harder to keep since any little change can effect the tank. With an Apex you can monitor those changes and be on top of it.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I wouldn't bother with an Apex for that size of tank... or so I tell myself, but I just put a GHL on my IM 20.

As long as you're only using the temp and PH probes, there's plenty of room in the AIO chamber. Even if you have the ORP and conductivity probes, you're still not talking about much real estate. It's only once you add the flow meters and Tridents and such that you need to start thinking about the footprint of everything.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex on my Nuvo 20 and one on my Nuvo 14. I like the automation for lighting, ato, pH and heating. They are both in my office so I can check on them anytime. All the equipment easily fits in the cabinet along with a 5 gallon ato reservoir.

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion you can never go wrong with a controller. I will also say they are not needed. I think once you have one you will never want to run a tank without one. You can always search local groups for an apex classic, but you wouldn’t regret just buying one either.

Back