Is anybody filtering the water before it gets into the Trident?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine and I have a lightBulb in my energy bar programmed to be on 30 min before all tests to remind me not to feed :)

image.jpg

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW I assume you secured the intake line at a secondary point on that top board? You would not want that line to come off the Trident and then drop to the ground behind the Aquarium.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I actually don’t have it secured. There would be no way line will come off. That line is never pressurized so won’t blow off. Only has suction. I do see your point but that is being little paranoid for a suction only line imo

OP
OP
robbyg

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming your input line is always full and maybe a couple of inches below the waters surface it could drop off and start a siphon on the ground. If your away for 10 hours that is a flood on the floor and your ATO will happily keep her full while the salinity drops.
Just Saying

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched a relatively new Melevsreef video, and it showed a sample line filter as part of the unboxing. I wonder if I can contact Neptune to ask them for one…

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched a relatively new Melevsreef video, and it showed a sample line filter as part of the unboxing. I wonder if I can contact Neptune to ask them for one…
The filter comes in the maintenance kit that you can buy from neptunes. Not sure if they offer it separate

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a product that's in our Early Access catalog and is currently in late stages of beta testing

it's a pre-filter for the trident or any other device that draws water from the sump area.

it includes a cleanable or replaceable 255 micron nylon screen and will connect to the 1mm hose of the trident or 1/4in RO line.

I have personally been running this filter for about 8 months with no issues or clogs, and I have it in the dirtiest area of my sump. We also have a good number of beta testers running it , so far, everyone loves it.

Last edited:

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a product that's in our Early Access catalog and is currently in late stages of beta testing

it's a pre-filter for the trident or any other device that draws water from the sump area.

it includes a cleanable or replaceable 255 micron nylon screen and will connect to the 1mm hose of the trident or 1/4in RO line.

I have personally been running this filter for about 8 months with no issues or clogs, and I have it in the dirtiest area of my sump. We also have a good number of beta testers running , so for, everyone loves it.
Wow this is a great idea I’m sure you will sell a lot of them. I already created this for my auto water change lines for dos because heads kept getting g clogged. I may also pick one of yours out to try it

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back