Is anyone on here?

Homer Allman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey local guys next weekend August 8-9. My track, the Tiltyard, will be hosting the "Tilted Worlds" offroad RC Car race. I know it's not reefing, but it's cool also. Spectating is free. Here's a short video of my other hobby. I've been into this one for over 25 years. You guys are invited.

Homer Allman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes kids are welcome. The address is 6994 tiltyard drive dayton. We are in Briery Branch just west of Harrisoburg. It will be going on all day Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday.

OP
OP
ahmed.boomer

ahmed.boomer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here have extra LED lights I could use to run a small hospital tank? Got red bugs and found a flatworm so I'm removing all SPS till it's gone.

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never met with anyone here. I live in Briery Branch outside of the city. Tell me about your set up.
I'm a freshwater convert. Still have 2 fresh tanks.

I've got a 90G with 20G sump. Been running for around 3 months. 2 Jebao WP-40's on a central controller and Jebao DC-4000 return pump. Bubble Magus skimmer. Prestige Gamma T5/ LED hybrid lighting, fully programmable.

2 Osc. clowns
1 sailfin tang
1 small blue hippo
1 sol wrasse
1 royal gramma

Mainly softies and zoas in the coral department. Mushrooms. Do have one green birds nest SPS and a couple monti's. No dosing (yet).

What about you? How long have you been doing salt?

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm around Staunton area
Been doing it since 2012. I actually just started to break down my system since I went back to college. Don't think we ever met though.
Cool deal. I wouldn't mind meeting up with the local guys if you all would want to. I've made a bud over in Richmond that my wife calls "my fishin' buddy", but he's the closest one. The two local stores here (Nerdy Dogs and Sylvia's) don't have hardly any selection and always look sick, so I make the drive over the mountain for anything I can't/ won't order online.

ITreeferVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Khh27 is right over the mountain, we usually head to richmond as well for fish and supplies. We are heading down to the February 4th Show in Roanoke.

Khh27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Khh27 is right over the mountain, we usually head to richmond as well for fish and supplies. We are heading down to the February 4th Show in Roanoke.

Cool deal. I wouldn't mind meeting up with the local guys if you all would want to. I've made a bud over in Richmond that my wife calls "my fishin' buddy", but he's the closest one. The two local stores here (Nerdy Dogs and Sylvia's) don't have hardly any selection and always look sick, so I make the drive over the mountain for anything I can't/ won't order online.
Yea just on other side or cville. Who's your friend in rva?

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea just on other side or cville. Who's your friend in rva?
There's a show on the 4th? Man, I didn't know about that. Can you shoot me some more details, or a link? I've been to Exotics and Aquatics there in Roanoke. Family owned LFS. They had a good selection and were super friendly.

His name is Mike. @mhaun We've gotten together once and plan on it again soon.

bruleyii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If youre willing to travel there are tons of reefers and LFS up here in DMV area. Especially here in NoVA. I know a few people out that direction thats part of our local club. Might be able to connect with some of them.

Back