Is anyone on here?

Khh27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a show on the 4th? Man, I didn't know about that. Can you shoot me some more details, or a link? I've been to Exotics and Aquatics there in Roanoke. Family owned LFS. They had a good selection and were super friendly.

His name is Mike. @mhaun We've gotten together once and plan on it again soon.
Yup Mike's a awsome guy. We've meet a few times. It's the reef and reptile expo Google it you will see it they have one there and hampton in va

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If youre willing to travel there are tons of reefers and LFS up here in DMV area. Especially here in NoVA. I know a few people out that direction thats part of our local club. Might be able to connect with some of them.
Yea, for sure. If they're on here, tag them. If not, maybe we can figure out a way to get a group together.

We've gone to a number of places around DC when traveling up there to the airport. The couple places off Hwy 28, especially. DC and Richmond are both about the same distance away, at 2hrs.

bruleyii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, for sure. If they're on here, tag them. If not, maybe we can figure out a way to get a group together.

We've gone to a number of places around DC when traveling up there to the airport. The couple places off Hwy 28, especially. DC and Richmond are both about the same distance away, at 2hrs.

Unfortunately I dont remember any of their sn's on here. I do know there is a free option on WAMAS to get the basic pages and you might be able to connect that way. Just an idea.

ITreeferVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a show on the 4th? Man, I didn't know about that. Can you shoot me some more details, or a link? I've been to Exotics and Aquatics there in Roanoke. Family owned LFS. They had a good selection and were super friendly.

His name is Mike. @mhaun We've gotten together once and plan on it again soon.

Oh yeah Mike is awesome! We just met recently as well. He just bought all of my livestock out of my recent breakdown super nice guy.

http://www.americanreefandreptileexpo.com/events/NKCRKENUII/

Crmddp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm here in Gainesville up in NOVA. There's a couple LFS that aren't too bad depending what you're looking for. Any of you guys into sps? I'm always looking for people interested in swapping frags.

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Local guy here too in Harrisonburg. Did you guys ever get together?

@ahmed.boomer @allabout @Homer Allman

Sorry didn't get the notice for these! I've been to @Homer Allman's a couple times with my kids to watch the RC races, which was awesome. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet him, was very busy ha.

I've been to the Richmond Reef club meetings several times and also to some of the meetings in the Roanoke area several times too. I used to breed designer clownfish but recently stopped (anyone wanna buy some equipment!? haha) So I sold fish at several of the meetings and of course traded for corals.

Khh27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry didn't get the notice for these! I've been to @Homer Allman's a couple times with my kids to watch the RC races, which was awesome. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet him, was very busy ha.

I've been to the Richmond Reef club meetings several times and also to some of the meetings in the Roanoke area several times too. I used to breed designer clownfish but recently stopped (anyone wanna buy some equipment!? haha) So I sold fish at several of the meetings and of course traded for corals.
What do you have. You the guy that brought the clowns to tammys meet last year

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have. You the guy that brought the clowns to tammys meet last year

Yup that was me... sold a lot at that meet! You were there?

For equipment I have some big tanks, like 7ft long I think, heavy duty, split into sections like you see at a pet store. I also have my breeder tank which is a custom size 40ish gallon long split into I think 7 sections, I'd have to check. A couple 10 gallons (1 with a glass divider splitting in 2), a 20 tall I think it is. I have a non-drilled 150 with stand too that I never used (was used previously), although I may keep it and drill it some day to use as a reef.

I have some lights, some LED (nothing amazing, off-brand stuff), t5 and standard fluorescent tubes. I have a Reef Octopus 150 skimmer, an 800 watt heater that I may actually just keep as a backup, some 10 gallon LED lids, various parts for skimmers, a small sump, an external pump, stuff like that... I need to clean up/organize my fish room to see what all I have. I think I still have several frozen Larry's Reef Frenzy breeder formula fish food too ha.

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For equipment I have some big tanks, like 7ft long I think, heavy duty, split into sections like you see at a pet store. I also have my breeder tank which is a custom size 40ish gallon long split into I think 7 sections, I'd have to check. A couple 10 gallons (1 with a glass divider splitting in 2), a 20 tall I think it is. I have a non-drilled 150 with stand too that I never used (was used previously), although I may keep it and drill it some day to use as a reef.

I have some lights, some LED (nothing amazing, off-brand stuff), t5 and standard fluorescent tubes. I have a Reef Octopus 150 skimmer, an 800 watt heater that I may actually just keep as a backup, some 10 gallon LED lids, various parts for skimmers, a small sump, an external pump, stuff like that... I need to clean up/organize my fish room to see what all I have. I think I still have several frozen Larry's Reef Frenzy breeder formula fish food too ha.
Sweet! That's a lot of equipment. Are you just getting out of breeding, or the hobby all together?

Homer Allman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this big fellow local. Which one of you guys sold it to me. haha
IMG_0076.JPG

Khh27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yea. @ITreeferVA told me you had stopped doing clowns a few weeks ago when I asked him. The RO 150 skimmer the INT?

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! That's a lot of equipment. Are you just getting out of breeding, or the hobby all together?

Just getting out of breeding. Was a lot of fun for the most part, but a lot of work. Most of my good sales were online and shipping is super expensive and stressful and just a pain haha. I have a (somewhat neglected) 90 gallon reef right now and setting up a 29 for my son (upgrade from a 6gallon). And my wife has a jellyfish tank that's in her classroom now.

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Homer Allman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 foot aqualife T5 with 12, 3 foot bulbs, moonlights and build in timer. Also I have a 4 foot t5 metal halide combo if anyone local needs a light at a good deal.

jcburdette2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
starting up a new 20 gallon. use to have a 10 gallon back in the day. wife and I are using this as a great learning tool for the kids as they grow up.
we are located in fredericksburg. very excited to get back into the hobby and enjoy it with my family.

Back