Is buying a messy tank worth the effort?

Would you buy a messy tank? Is it worth the effort?

• Yes

Votes: 256 47.0%
  • No

Votes: 262 48.1%
  • Other (posted in thread)

Votes: 27 5.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
R

rknott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting set up. For sure a "franken-cube". Update on this. I found a different tank for what I agree with a previous post that is worth more like https://offerup.com/item/detail/628567833/ $150. As many have mentioned, this is an expensive hobby so know that most of what you get used you will throw away, but you can still save money. So far that is pretty much what I got for my $150. Light is a throw away. One cabinet door rusted off but repairable. I am now in the process of painting the stand black and have replaced the hinges. In for $100 there plus a couple of days of painting and sanding the stand is coming together. Came with 80 or so pounds of dry rock so I don't think that will break, but will require some time to cure. Came with a cheap skimmer, will see if that works. Haven't run water through the tank and refuge yet. Took a risk and went with pictures of the working system. Already cut my hand on broken glass in the refuge, but appears other dividers are in tact. Plan to purchase 3 AI Prime HDs for lighting. That will set me back $700 after taxes. Plus RO maker. Went value at $120. TBD after that.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back