Is Flashing Indicative of a Parasite?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, from what I've read, I'm really not too worried if it is flukes. I have a box of prazi waiting for me at home (ordered it a couple weeks ago just in case). I will dip one, if I can get it, when I get home to make sure. How communicable are they? The wrasses have been in the tank about three or four weeks. Would this be long enough for the other fish to have them? I ask because I know I could catch a clown, but I'm not going to tear apart my tank for suspected flukes to get a wrasse.

I'll page @melypr1985 here to double check, but I'm pretty sure the clowns would have been infested by now as well. 3-4 weeks is a good amount of time.

Fwiw, I wouldn't advise tearing apart a tank in a situation like this where it's non-urgent. But, if you can easily catch one of your fish, to me, it could be worth the peace of mind. Your tank, your choice ;)

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll page @melypr1985 here to double check, but I'm pretty sure the clowns would have been infested by now as well. 3-4 weeks is a good amount of time.

Fwiw, I wouldn't advise tearing apart a tank in a situation like this where it's non-urgent. But, if you can easily catch one of your fish, to me, it could be worth the peace of mind. Your tank, your choice ;)

Yes, If one has it, they all have it. You can use the clown to check for flukes. you may not see a TON come off of the clown, but even one or two will indicate their presence in the system.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, If one has it, they all have it. You can use the clown to check for flukes. you may not see a TON come off of the clown, but even one or two will indicate their presence in the system.
Thank you!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree as always. Let us know what you find!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back