Is GHL shipping in the US?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pulling my hair out trying to get my $2k order of GHL equipment to ship. Monday will be 2 weeks since I’ve placed my order for a Profilux mega set and a KH Director. GHL created a label finally on Wednesday but they haven’t shipped it out. How hard is it to put that label on a box and give it to UPS? This has been such a painful process.

OP
OP
Bam327

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you emailed them asking the status? I will tag @Vinny@GHLUSA who may be able to help :)
No I was busy beating up Marine Depot thinking it was them. I did reach out to Vinny though. I don’t expect to hear back until next week.
I hope the GHL exceeds my expectations after this. I spent a lot of time researching and I could have had an Apex in my possession 2 weeks ago at much less cost but decided to go the GHL route. I’m really questioning my decisions right now

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I was busy beating up Marine Depot thinking it was them. I did reach out to Vinny though. I don’t expect to hear back until next week.
I hope the GHL exceeds my expectations after this. I spent a lot of time researching and I could have had an Apex in my possession 2 weeks ago at much less cost but decided to go the GHL route. I’m really questioning my decisions right now
Patience. Everything is just messed up right now. Although I do see your point.
If you're going to blame someone, put it on Amazon for creating this nightmare.

OP
OP
Bam327

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying. Really I am. I was patient for a week and a half. But I’ve lost all patience when it takes two weeks to put a label on a box and give it to UPS. I feel like I don’t mean anything to them after dropping the money I did.
Look, I’m in sales and I work for a company that has ~15,000 customers. We take hundreds if not thousands of orders each day. We have 2 guys working our warehouse picking parts. Orders go out the same day. Here I am 2 weeks later begging and begging to get what I spent my hard earned money on. Not a great first impression with GHL.

992gnt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, they did something similar with my last order. Forgot about that until just now - several hours after placing another order. I hope this isn't a trend. There aren't really any big distribution issues anywhere currently, so this is probably an issue within GHL US. Amazon has nothing to do with an issue getting product out the door.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying. Really I am. I was patient for a week and a half. But I’ve lost all patience when it takes two weeks to put a label on a box and give it to UPS. I feel like I don’t mean anything to them after dropping the money I did.
Look, I’m in sales and I work for a company that has ~15,000 customers. We take hundreds if not thousands of orders each day. We have 2 guys working our warehouse picking parts. Orders go out the same day. Here I am 2 weeks later begging and begging to get what I spent my hard earned money on. Not a great first impression with GHL.
Honestly, GHL is never in a big rush to ship. It always takes weeks to get things. I don't know why. It will be worth the wait though. I live the next town North of their wharehouse. Doesn't matter. I still have to wait.

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It took about a month to get my order. They have to bring it in from Germany first. Just gonna say this, don’t let shipping be the reason for choosing one over the other. 2-4 weeks waiting is nothing in this hobby

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a ProFilux a few weeks along with a few other things and received an email indicating that a few items were on back order and that they were waiting a large shipment. Everything else was shipped right away. Spoke with them late last week and it sounded like the delivery just happened and they were playing catch-up. Rest of my order was delivered yesterday so hopefully yours will be soon also.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping and logistics is absolutely something they need to do better. I work in the logistics field and they could and should do it better. The way they're set up there is almost always something on order from Germany and they are not good at communicating that. It has been like this for years.

Having said all that, I agree with others that it is worth the wait/hassle. It is not a reflection of the quality of the work or attention to care around the products themselves.

Don't know why it hasn't been addressed (I am talking longer term and separate from this Covid year) as it definitely colours the experience. But the products themselves are great, rock solid, software keeps improving, staff is engaged, etc..

Tony

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is GHL modus operandi, sometimes they ship fast other times they take for ever to get stuff out the door. It has nothing to do with Covid they have been poor in the shipping department since I got my first bit of kit back in 2019.

The good thing is a label was created and you’ll get your gear on the way.

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a ProFilux a few weeks along with a few other things and received an email indicating that a few items were on back order and that they were waiting a large shipment. Everything else was shipped right away. Spoke with them late last week and it sounded like the delivery just happened and they were playing catch-up. Rest of my order was delivered yesterday so hopefully yours will be soon also.
If the issue is waiting on parts from Germany to arrive - then communicating this back to a customer shouldn't be that hard. In fact, updating a website to indicate a back order should be pretty easy in this day and age as well.

People are usually OK to wait if communications are good and they know what's happening.

PS. This is not a preamble that has anything to do with ION Director and the delays - just a post on keeping a sales order updated.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This day and age????? Everything is different, everything is crazy. Online seems to be the way to go now. All this complaining...... Patience people....... Instant gratification has made all these companies try to make us all happy. What about the notice that your order has been shipped? When all they did was box it up and slap a label on it! Track it for days and it hasn't left the wharehouse yet!
In my book nothing is shipped until the carrier comes and picks it up.
It all gets to us eventually and it's a wonder more stuff isn't lost in shipping!

OP
OP
Bam327

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the issue is waiting on parts from Germany to arrive - then communicating this back to a customer shouldn't be that hard. In fact, updating a website to indicate a back order should be pretty easy in this day and age as well.

People are usually OK to wait if communications are good and they know what's happening.

PS. This is not a preamble that has anything to do with ION Director and the delays - just a post on keeping a sales order updated.
Exactly. That was the thing, I couldn’t get any communication. When I ordered it showed everything in stock so my presumption is at worst a few days to ship. When we near 2 weeks it makes one wonder. At any rate it looks like it did ship out Friday night so at least it’s in UPS’s hands now.

Last edited:

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agreed on updating the site to show what is backordered. In my case they did email me the day after I ordered to let me know the profilux would be delayed for a week or two. I asked a few questions during that period via email and always had a prompt response. I’m just switching from Neptune to GHL and the first time ordering through them so maybe I just got lucky.I was satisfied with the communication.

DFR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to open a ticket! It would appear that the US location is minimally staffed so communication isn’t the best when it comes to shipping.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why open a ticket? He's got a shipping notice and the ticket system is for support issues.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Marine Depot should surely be providing you with an update, not GHL, who would surely batch ship to the retailer, unless they ask GHL to ship separately at additional shipping cost, or are they back to backing orders and asking GHL to direct ship?

If it helps, I had a 6 week delay in shipping from Germany, not due to GHL or the LFS, but a combination of Brexit, carriers dumping consignments at the border and the fact that Germany is in a heavy state of lockdown in many places.

Having been an Apex user and Neptune customer for 7 years, I’d be patient. The GHL is a far better system, built by grown-ups.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%

Back