Is H2O2 dosing the secret to clean rocks?

Is H2O2 dosing the secret to clean rocks?

• YES

Votes: 64 10.1%
  • NO

Votes: 141 22.2%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 430 67.7%

• Total voters

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does peroxide dosing harm filter bacteria?

them apples above are dedicated to TMZ and Disc-1, scientists from reefcentral who were sure enough in 2011 that peroxide harms filter bac they were willing to regulate all posts and knowledge on the site regarding it’s use.

have noticed how mods at reef2reef don’t try and filter all knowledge and discoveries- free market benefits I guess.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peroxide was the most controversial reef practice the hobby has seen in my opinion. Benefit of hindsight = not as bad as folks made it out to be. Scores 8 out of 10 on the awesome scale, an assessment approach only the staunchest anecdote dealers use.

Last edited:

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen absolutely no negative effects. Iin fact this am after reading this post again. I dosed 200 ML this morning. I will post back on this ..

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no action in reefing more pressed against that still seated in as a permanent reefing tool like peroxide use in the water/tank directly.

Last edited:

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so.. I was hoping for a little more algae control. I am hitting the tank now at 350 ML in the am. All at once.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought I would continue on with the update.. in addition to yesterday morning.. I hit the tank with 200 ml last night.. so to summarize. yesterday I added 550 ml to my tank.. no issues. so far... except I would add that I do have cyno going.. I do not believe it is from dosing the h202. I forgot my some of my wave makers were off...

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post full tank shot curious to see details if possible

curious to see where any issues might be located or just how the sandbed details appear in the pic

it’s those little summaries from pics that really help to see overall presentation

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys you will bleach corals if you keep upping the dose i did it with 10 or 11 ml in 125 gallons with 30% h202. Be careful.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would caution against using too much H2O2 in tanks with nems, condylactis in particular. I dosed once and it irritated the condy into spewing it's own toxins into the tank. You could actually see it squirting out into the water. In spite of immediately removing the condy and performing several water changes over the following days, I lost about half of my coral. Fortunately, no fish were affected.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. So we are clear my stystem is fish and Sps. Only. . No lps .. no mushrooms .,, no softies.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cory. I am adding the 3 percent. Not. 30. Question. ? When you were dozing the h2o2 what was your alk readings.

kirinreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it's useful for somewhat new tanks, as the tank gets older, the biodiversity gets stable and mature. H2O2 can throw the stability off. Been there

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought this would be a unique post.

these are the biggest longest peroxide work threads I know of, their utility is getting to see the evolution of peroxide work unfold like a paper flip cartoon it’s about 95% happy reefers, any forum sampled, valuable tool.
Shows doses, before and afters, and slaying of reef invasions. You won’t find recycles here in patterns, nor kills of microfauna in pattern.

anyone considering peroxide has a matched tank somewhere in these bazillion logs.

thanks to the widely-accepting link sharing options at reef2reef i present this salad of peroxide works for review:
fifty pages:
65 pages:
62pages
30 pages all direct rock applications not much tank dosing:
This post is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks as always!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back