Is he just hiding? :(

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This past weekend, the reef store recommended we purchased a lawnmower Benny to help us with the GHA issue we are having. The first night we added him to the tank, our watchman goby came out a little. Ever since I haven’t seen him (so a couple days) I’ve seen the tentacle of his pal, pistol toward the front of their tunnel, but no watchman... is it typical for them to go into hiding when you introduce a new fish? Just hoping he didn’t get into a fight with the lawnmower Benny the first night :(.

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a wheeler goby and pistol shrimp. I finally saw the pistol for the first time after two weeks. The wheeler separated from the pistol on the opposite end. Didn’t see him for a couple of days. He started coming out at feeding time.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawnmower Blennies are out and about all the time, mine is. However he was just introduced, chances are he is trying to find the lay of the land and is probably currently hiding.
Wait it out, he'll pop up.
I see the lawnmower Blenny.. I'm concerned about my watchmen goby. He is not new to the tank, but since we introduced the new Blenny, the watchmen has disappeared into hiding (hopefully). I was just curious if it is typical behavior for Gobys to go into hiding after the introduction of new fish.... my husband loves the goby and pistol, and would be super bummed if the new addition caused him harm. :(

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd keep an eye out for the watchman. I don't think the lawnmower blenny would harm it.
Thanks! I hope not either. I do love the goby and pistols relationship. Its really fun to watch, so I would miss that... I don't like how they re-arrange my tank and throw sand on my live rock though lol

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I hope not either. I do love the goby and pistols relationship. Its really fun to watch, so I would miss that... I don't like how they re-arrange my tank and throw sand on my live rock though lol
Yeah, they can do that - though watchman gobies aren't as bad as some gobies who make it their daily mission to "sand" every coral they can find.

I have a barnacle "hotel" for my midas blenny, and ai imagine it would be a hit with some of your fish as well.

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they can do that - though watchman gobies aren't as bad as some gobies who make it their daily mission to "sand" every coral they can find.

I have a barnacle "hotel" for my midas blenny, and ai imagine it would be a hit with some of your fish as well.
It's the pistol shrimp that does the most damage... do pistol shrimp like barnacle hotels? I looked up what they are and that is so cute.... but I wouldn't want the goby to bail on the pistol.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back