Is is a good way to raise Ph?

austibella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I use that.... Google bulk reef supply and type in soda ash you can also get their gallon containers to mix it. I just ordered more today. You can also call them and they can give you any info you need they are also on utube for video on reef tanks.jist remember when you mix a gallon of it make sure you check out their calculations look at calculator and you put in your volume of water and what your parameters are and where you need to get to and they will tell you how much to use just do it over several days because your alkalinity is to low and you don't want to just pour it in one shot. Once its stable you won't need as much

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have everyone in the house a limit of 1 breath per minute

Hold It In Stressed Out GIF by Chunk Factory HQ

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently only have this test kit.
You need tests for calcium and magnesium as well. Alk, Mag and Calcium are the holy trifecta for success. If you want success in maintaining a reef you need to test and maintain Alk, Ca, Mg, NO3 and PO4 at a minimum.

OP
OP
frankin09

frankin09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soda ash will raise alkalinity and PH ..... sodium bicarbonate will raise alkalinity and temporary lower PH. . Check out Bulk Reef Supply they have videos on everything you need to know. Check out the newer videos because so much has changed through my years.. I keep my alkalinity @ 8.5 - for my mix reef so soda ash should be good for you to raise ph and alkalinity. I get mine bulk reef supply.
I will look into buying it, however I’m going to run another alk test in a few days just to confirm.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back