Is is ok to add a small blotch anthias to existing male Lyretail?

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a male Lyretail and thinking about adding a small blotch anthias. Wise decision? Thanks

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank is this? What other fish? If you mean a purple squareback (P. pleurotaenia) then no. They will fight imo. If you mean the borbonius then it may do fine if there is plenty rockwork hiding places. I will defer to the borbonius owners here.

OP
OP
T

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100 gallon. Currently, 2 clowns, radiant wrasse and the Lyretail. Yes I am planning on adding the borbonius anthias.

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't risk adding the blotchy in with a single established male lyretail, especially if the blotchy is smaller. Would the lyretail be easy to separate?

OP
OP
T

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't risk adding the blotchy in with a single established male lyretail, especially if the blotchy is smaller. Would the lyretail be easy to separate?
It might be difficult to separate them it need to. I'll probably pass on the blotched anthias. What about adding 2-3 female Lyretail

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be difficult to separate them it need to. I'll probably pass on the blotched anthias. What about adding 2-3 female Lyretail
that's definitely a safer option, you will probably see some aggression but it will probably be divided out between the 3

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back