Is it cyano or Dino

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad everything your side is on track up. Major battle you had there. But you didn't lose Co trolley and kept it steady. More than I could do.
Thanks it was tough. I did it for the forum. Its amazing how many people are beating dinos now. All the past misconceptions almost always forced people to reboot.

Paullawr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks it was tough. I did it for the forum. Its amazing how many people are beating dinos now. All the past misconceptions almost always forced people to reboot.
That's so true honey. You did very very well.
Oh and most importantly thabks for your input and before and after pics. Gives confidence.

OP
OP
J

Julian A McRae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you have a thread showing your progression? Thanks

OP
OP
J

Julian A McRae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my situation in my 30 gallon, having a shrimp and goby. The sand will be fine. You'll just need to be proactive with keeping the sandbed turned while UV is in operation. Since the tank is small the 55w jebao may be oversized though can be utilized if space is available. There is always the 9w coralife turbo twist, or some of us had some luck with the green killing machine from petsmart. However, the uv will need to ran for quite some time. Going though a dino bloom is almost like having a reset switch on the tank maturing.

Remove the chemipure blue and phosban.
Get Stump remover from hardware store for nitrates. KNO3
Get a small bottle of seachem phosphorus for phosphates.

You'll need to dose nutrients back into the system to feed dino competitors. Target 0.05-0.10 - po4 and 5-10 No3

Should carbon stay?

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a thread showing your progression? Thanks
Not exactly. I wasn't very organised with my postings. My dino bloom(s) had come and gone and possibly changed. Best I can provide is 13 pages of comments I've made. Page 13 has my first posts. Keep in mind dates and that we've learned along the way. So, if you reading advice from last year, make sure its still valid info.
https://www.reef2reef.com/search/3269955/?page=13
(If that link doesnt work, go to the big dino thread, search options, under members type my name and select Search this thread only.)

Should carbon stay?
Yes. Straight GAC or activated carbon can stay and is recommended.

OP
OP
J

Julian A McRae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slimmer off or on? And also I have a cpr hob Refugium, could I hook up the sterilizer to that pump? Or should I buy a separate one?

Paullawr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slimmer off or on? And also I have a cpr hob Refugium, could I hook up the sterilizer to that pump? Or should I buy a separate one?
Yes keep skimmer on. Basically to make this as simple as.

Get good UV. You have ostreopis which is water based. Ie it spends it time in the water column. And yes there are strains that don't which are harder to rid.

Start adding phosphate and nitrate.

Lads on links on this very forum.

Never let your levels bottom out. If you do return of the mac. Err I mean dino.

OP
OP
J

Julian A McRae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the 36w sterilizer work or should I stick to 55? Also would I need a second pump?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back