Is it just me or does it look like a different coral than the picture advertised?

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see any green on my chalice like the photo , any insight would be appreciated
E24E3BC3-1592-4971-850C-845CCEAC4867.jpeg
CA5CEEF5-D58A-4395-A4F5-B7B7D2B284AC.png

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your lighting isn't exactly the same as theirs, shipping stress, etc.
I picked up a couple blastos and the color green clearly pops in my tank , it's been a week since I've had it and it's inflated nicely just not even a hint of green has me wondering but this is the first chalice I've owned so not exactly sure how they act. I did drip acclimate it for an hour and a half. It's a really cool looking coral just wondering why there's no green.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I would say give it time and as it was already said your lights and theirs may be different spectrums but give it time to accumulate to your lights and it will be beautiful!!
My light has all the spectrums , it even has a sunrise midday peak which is more white than most pictures you see online really bright Then it slowly ramps down to a darker sunset with the more blue light. I have 6 different channels there's Red green royal blue cool white cool blue and violet seems to have a lot of spectrums which most of my corals show all the colors advertised when I get them but maybe it's a chalice thing IDK it definitely looks happy already grew to the rock which I noticed today but when I got the chalice the water was freezing from the ice packs so maybe it was shocked from the cold I know if I was in that temp water over night I would be shocked too and a different color.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I don’t see a “wysiwyg” anywhere. I don’t recall liveaquaria ever having one, so don’t expect the same coral as pictured, just similar.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I don’t see a “wysiwyg” anywhere. I don’t recall liveaquaria ever having one, so don’t expect the same coral as pictured, just similar.
Im not sure if your familiar with their certified captive grown products but it’s usually spot on amazing but this is he first time it wasn’t but I know about the wysiwyg sales too trust me I’ve been addicted to them lol anyways I still am waiting on a chalice expert to chime in to see if they change colors after shipping ever cause I’ve never owned one of these. Don’t get me wrong though this thing looks amazing in the tank.

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same coral, different lights- if we are taking a poll
The pic was taken early this morning not very white lights at the time so I can understand why you guys might think that by the picture. I did mess around with all the different color channels and still didn’t change green

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a photo of the coral with 0% of the cool blue and white cranked up there is a difference for sure but pretty similar
C696B00D-B523-43B0-BDCB-DC7AEE00A1D2.png

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience chalice can look very different in different types of lighting. I feel they will also color morph depending on spectrum and intensity. I have Miami hurricane that was quite blue when I got it but is more purplish now but still neon rainbow colored eyes

OP
OP
FugeTown

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience chalice can look very different in different types of lighting. I feel they will also color morph depending on spectrum and intensity. I have Miami hurricane that was quite blue when I got it but is more purplish now but still neon rainbow colored eyes
Share a pic if you can , I’m a new chalice fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its the same coral also ,, its a chalice ,, hide it a bit in your scape so its not getting a ton of light ,, then just forget about it for a couple of months :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back