Is it just me or is there always something to buy?

erikjphillips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like every weekend i have to pick something up for the tank. last weekend it was a box of reef crystals, this weekend it was a new return pump and hardware from home depot. The fiance has dubbed my tank "my second child". i love the tank but man, just seems to never end!

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the beginning it was like that for me but once u get all ur equipment squared away then u have to decide between wants and needs

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) After you get everything bought,,, it dosn't end,,,,, Then its fish and corals :) I have always said the LFS stores ought to just to give you the tank, its everything else that cost.

OP
OP
E

erikjphillips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been going at it for 2 years now. i think the initial problem was i was buying used items from the LFS or craigslist. New t5 bulbs are probably next on the list, if i dont go the LED route...

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advise is to always just go ahead and buy the best of what you need in terms of equipment. You'll spend more money on the cheapo - then expensive - than just buying the high end anyway...granted you want the high end stuff.

OP
OP
E

erikjphillips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advise is to always just go ahead and buy the best of what you need in terms of equipment. You'll spend more money on the cheapo - then expensive - than just buying the high end anyway...granted you want the high end stuff.

It was tough when i started out because the job i had didnt pay that well but things have changed and now i can afford some of the higher end stuff. i'm also thinking of picking up a skimmer but want to go the HOB method because the fiance thinks everything underneath the tank is a fire hazard :eek:oh:.

acrosps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the most addictive hobbies out there. People that are not into the hobby dont understand. We sure understand each other. lol

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby has a huge turnover rate too though, with some patience you can find anything slightly used at a better price.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back