Is it me, or are Bounce Mushrooms ridiculously priced?

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No comparison to those shrooms, the OG WWC bounce is worth every penny IMO.

d3d559a50506d927bd4f4b08aa63ecc0.jpg

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:); I have been waiting for the hallucination zoas to drop to $25 for 1 year. It was $400 at ReefRaft; then shortly fell to $200. I have seen them at $100 or near by that price range. I can get them for less than that, like $80-$90, a bit like a few months ago. Now, I just don't care any more as I realize the classic zoas like BBeB, Rasta, fruit loops,..... are as pretty and they are dirt cheap nowadays!

De Michieli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK I dont think they are that nice. Now sps frags I could see my self paying up to 200 at most for something I really wanted. I did however win a $250 frag of Cherry Corals Voodoo Majick . What I have noticed is sometimes you get people who just put a name on it and now mark it up x amount. Like a green slimmer that was 10 bucks now its XYZ Coral's Green Radiation Slimmer $80 for the same frag.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this discussion always comes back to the same thing, maybe not for you, but right for somebody else. why is it a shame that people have 2,3,4 even 5K to spend on coral? not all of us are on the same financial situation. heck, if a vendor can get 3K for a piece, more power to em! If nobody pays that, then the price will drop.

i wasnt intending to be so short with my initial response, but this price of x.y.z coral talk pops up pretty often. but we live in a free marke.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to say it, but was biting my tongue, you hit the nail on the head. It's trendy and as long as people keep buying them, they'll keep the price right where its at. Wait 5 years and every local reefer will have one and i'll score mine then for $20 :cool:

Or in 5 years you will not even be in the hobby. Or with the way reefs are being shut down no one may be able to afford the hobby by then. But as was said, it is what the market is currently willing to pay. I think Apple products are over priced but I own an iphone and an ipad.

De Michieli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this discussion always comes back to the same thing, maybe not for you, but right for somebody else. why is it a shame that people have 2,3,4 even 5K to spend on coral? not all of us are on the same financial situation. heck, if a vendor can get 3K for a piece, more power to em! If nobody pays that, then the price will drop.

i wasnt intending to be so short with my initial response, but this price of x.y.z coral talk pops up pretty often. but we live in a free marke.

That is the best thing about this is how it is a free market Im not knocking it but some times its crazy how expensive peaces can get but Not going to lie I will own a WD acro at some time

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bernie will take care of that when he is elected.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No comparison to those shrooms, the OG WWC bounce is worth every penny IMO.

d3d559a50506d927bd4f4b08aa63ecc0.jpg

That WWC Bounce is a beautiful specimen. It definitely is one of a kind.

Here is my baby WWC Bounce. The price I paid for this doesn't compare to the joy I get when I look at my tank everyday.

20151227_190716_zpsenpb84w2.jpg

Here is a photo from the reefer I bought my baby from. I can't wait till the size of the bubbles get way larger than a single dice.

20151018_154507-1_zpsjbrylrof.jpg

OP
OP
Josh King

Josh King

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes we do, and I get what your are saying. I have only been on R2R since Nov. The point is that I want one! But.. not going to spend more than $80 for a single mushroom coral. Anyone want to sell me one for $80?:p

Akida17th

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People buy them because they are a fancy rhodactis that will grow to be large in no time which means you can make the money you initially spent back and some.

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or in 5 years you will not even be in the hobby. Or with the way reefs are being shut down no one may be able to afford the hobby by then. But as was said, it is what the market is currently willing to pay. I think Apple products are over priced but I own an iphone and an ipad.

No need for the personal attacks this isn't reef central partner. o_O

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need for the personal attacks this isn't reef central partner. o_O

Wasn't meant as an attack on you personally, just this whole wait and it will be cheaper drives me nuts sometimes. Seems to be the theme lately. Just like the thread on the $8000 clownfish that was on ebay. One guy insisted he would buy one for under $100 within a year. I couldn't get him to understand it would take longer than that to get a pair going and to actually have a baby that was big enough to sell, much less to breed enough to lower the demand below the $100 mark.

It is really depressing to me sometimes to see the prices of frags. I've been around saltwater since the late 80's and to see a mushroom sell for $40 for a small frag when I remember buying a rock full of the exact ones for $30, it is painful. I wonder sometimes if I will be able to afford this hobby in the next 10 years.

De Michieli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't meant as an attack on you personally, just this whole wait and it will be cheaper drives me nuts sometimes. Seems to be the theme lately. Just like the thread on the $8000 clownfish that was on ebay. One guy insisted he would buy one for under $100 within a year. I couldn't get him to understand it would take longer than that to get a pair going and to actually have a baby that was big enough to sell, much less to breed enough to lower the demand below the $100 mark.

It is really depressing to me sometimes to see the prices of frags. I've been around saltwater since the late 80's and to see a mushroom sell for $40 for a small frag when I remember buying a rock full of the exact ones for $30, it is painful. I wonder sometimes if I will be able to afford this hobby in the next 10 years.

well if your tank is established you dont really have to buy new corals and then at that point you could start fragging yours for profit at that point. Or we could do what some of the OG reefers I read use to do. Trade coral for coral. or even give some away. I plan when My sps Frags grow to a point I can frag them to give a few to my budies who are in this hobby. I already told a friend of mine that I would give him a frag of my Voodoo Majick for free .

TNT32D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would and did purchase the WWC Bounce Mushroom over a high end acro because mushroom corals are hardier. I'm more scared of getting the WD Tenuis than the Bounce. Even though I love the color and the name Walt Disney. The happiest place on earth

Back