Is it normal for a tang to suddenly stop eating?

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I checked on her this morning and she seems to be doing a lot better! Now it was still lights out time but her respiration was normal which is great. I just hope she eats today.

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everything is progressing positively! The first day after GC she ate like 3 pellets and a bite of mysis. Today she ate tons of pellets, mysis, and has started to graze on the nori again. Her respiration is back to normal too! I still can't figure out what caused this. None of the other fish in the DT are affected.

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the gem tang is displaying the same behavior, I'm also noticing a bit of aggression in the tank, the gem is cowering under rocks. At this point I'm thinking it's aggression related only, not medical. I was going to try and catch the other two and place them in the sump. Anything else I can do? The gem has stopped eating again and is breathing very fast again. Ugh.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank not as interested in grazing algae as he was when I got him. Prefers eating tastier frozen foods like nori mysis and brine shrimp.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back