Is it OK to add corals during Reef Flux treatment?

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added Reef Flux yesterday and there are a couple of corals I want to buy, but I would have to pick them up this week. Is there any reason why it would be a mistake to add them to the tank, assuming parameters are ok?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added Reef Flux yesterday and there are a couple of corals I want to buy, but I would have to pick them up this week. Is there any reason why it would be a mistake to add them to the tank, assuming parameters are ok?
My corals, inverts & all but 1 fish did fine with Reef Flux

Yellow tang, not so much. Moved Yellow Tang over into QT tank for 'vacation' as seemed near death few hours after adding Reef Flux. Yellow tang went 'home' 3 weeks later and everyone doing fine minus algae that came in from having added corals without good dip process. Now my dip process will be using all three types (from BRS video): 1) hydrogen peroxide, 2) iodine based, 3) natural based ... and not in video but I should probably add final type 4) Bayer (insecticide) to ensure no future buggy pests either...

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals, inverts & all but 1 fish did fine with Reef Flux

Yellow tang, not so much. Moved Yellow Tang over into QT tank for 'vacation' as seemed near death few hours after adding Reef Flux. Yellow tang went 'home' 3 weeks later and everyone doing fine minus algae that came in from having added corals without good dip process. Now my dip process will be using all three types (from BRS video): 1) hydrogen peroxide, 2) iodine based, 3) natural based ... and not in video but I should probably add final type 4) Bayer (insecticide) to ensure no future buggy pests either...
Thanks!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I will error on the side of caution and say I would hold off. Corals that have been in the tank would be no issue, but introducing frags to a tank that was just dosed with Reef Flux, I am not sure on how they will handle it considering they will already be stressed from the introduction itself.:)

It may be possible if you wait as long as possible before introducing the new frags, but not sure. You have to remember that when you use Reef Flux all the nutrients that were in the algae you are trying to kill will be introduced right back into the tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back