is it possible to keep buttfly fish with frozen food only?

Uhyun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all i have a question about butterflyfish long term feeding and fish health.

i take this 11cm golden butterfly fish 10 days ago from LFS.

now he eats everything except prepared fish food(like pellets and flakes) i gave him 2 clam and 3 blocks of hikari brineshirmp enriched with Fish V from Aquaforest every day

and i'm trying to make him eating flakes and pellets but no luck at all, so i orderd dired amphipod and brineshrimp to make hin eating dried food step by step

the amount of food i gave to him would be enough to get calrories to survive i guess

but what i worrying about is frozen foods and dried foods nutrient maybe not good enough to maintain fishes health in long term

i guess it will take a long jurney to make him eating pellets and flakes...

so anyone keeping fish with frozen food only in long term or have a experience make the fish eating pellelts and flakes after frozen foods plz give me a adivice, it will very helpful to me

thanks

1652589685067.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, beautiful fish! Especially in a reef, they’re stunning - More so than a CBB imho. Looks like you have a beautiful tank with some great SPS colonies making me think it’s well matured.
I keep my fish on frozen but have things like aptaisia, pods, algae for them to graze on in the tank aswell. I have a CopperBand Butterfly, Blue Star Leopard Wrasse, Radiant Wrasse all feeding on the micro fauna found in the rocks and then I’ll feed them frozen. IMHO, pellets don’t have enough enrichment for a fish to thrive solely off of one feeding of pellets a day, if it’s 4/5 times a day worth of pellet feedings then maybe you can keep a fish thriving off of them. Frozen is a better food to feed fish ime, I have always mixed brine shrimp and mysis so if one of my fish goes off of mysis there’s still plenty of brine to feed them and they get that option.

OP
OP
U

Uhyun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, beautiful fish! Especially in a reef, they’re stunning - More so than a CBB imho. Looks like you have a beautiful tank with some great SPS colonies making me think it’s well matured.
I keep my fish on frozen but have things like aptaisia, pods, algae for them to graze on in the tank aswell. I have a CopperBand Butterfly, Blue Star Leopard Wrasse, Radiant Wrasse all feeding on the micro fauna found in the rocks and then I’ll feed them frozen. IMHO, pellets don’t have enough enrichment for a fish to thrive solely off of one feeding of pellets a day, if it’s 4/5 times a day worth of pellet feedings then maybe you can keep a fish thriving off of them. Frozen is a better food to feed fish ime, I have always mixed brine shrimp and mysis so if one of my fish goes off of mysis there’s still plenty of brine to feed them and they get that option.
that's sound great your adive makes me comfort so much, and yes my tank is 2years old SPS Only ☺️ i'll post some of my corals later heh

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's sound great your adive makes me comfort so much, and yes my tank is 2years old SPS Only ☺️ i'll post some of my corals later heh
No worries!
I look forward - Currently getting SPS for my nano and I keep forgetting about the room haha

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back