Is it possible to make a fish grow to full size in a year

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys so i got some baby false percula clowns a week ago (around 1.3 inches) because I thought they would take only a few months to a year tops to grow like every other animals but I found out they take 3 years to fully grow, so I’m not gonna lie I’m a impatient person so is it possible to make the clowns grow to not necessarily full maturity but full size (around 3-4 inches) in a year or so by feeding them certain things or getting a bigger environment for the fish?

Last edited:

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No you cant make a clown full grown in 6 months. Adequate nutrition and a healthy environment will maximize growth rate, but that not going to make them grow at the rate you are hoping.

Compared to most of our captive fish clownfish can live very long, but along with that is slower growth rate compared to many of the fish we keep. Over the course of a year the max growth i would expect would be around an inch

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys so i got some baby false percula clowns a week ago (around 1.3 inches) because I thought they would take only a few months to a year tops to grow like every other animals but I found out they take 3 years to fully grow, so I’m not gonna lie I’m a impatient person so is it possible to make the clowns grow to not necessarily full maturity but full size (around 3-4 inches) in around 6 months to year or so by feeding them certain things or getting a bigger environment for the fish?
Feeding more could boost the growth rate but I wouldn’t count on it. Other than buy bigger fish there’s not much you can do.
I wouldn’t wish on having a large clownfish any time soon… you’ll eventually miss the calm little juveniles they are. No… I’m serious, these things if they were 10x bigger we wouldn’t be going into the ocean.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although they won't be fully grown that quickly, you can get some pretty impressive growth feeding a really healthy diet... probiotics might help to maximize growth as well since they can improve digestion

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Guys so i got some baby false percula clowns a week ago (around 1.3 inches) because I thought they would take only a few months to a year tops to grow like every other animals but I found out they take 3 years to fully grow, so I’m not gonna lie I’m a impatient person so is it possible to make the clowns grow to not necessarily full maturity but full size (around 3-4 inches) in around 6 months to year or so by feeding them certain things or getting a bigger environment for the fish?
hi, sorry not to be rude, this is like thread 3-4 ??
If you are serious, replace babies with full grown adult pair.
PM me, i know of breeder willing ?? to sell a pair.

OP
OP
fishywishy

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, sorry not to be rude, this is like thread 3-4 ??
If you are serious, replace babies with full grown adult pair.
PM me, i know of breeder willing ?? to sell a pair.
Thread 2 to be exact. But seriously I dont know anyone I can give the ones i have too also anyone will just put them in a smaller tank and i feel like thats kind of harsh even though there just fish, thats why I’m asking so many questions just to see if i can do anything to make them how i want them, but i get it now theres so way. this is the last thread i was going to make anyway i have no more questions about them.

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad you have come to conclusion .
thread #3 to be exact.
BTW ,Welcome to the reef... :)

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the rush, they live like 50+ years sometimes lol? Could you imagine a person asking something like this about a child, or even a puppy?
+1. My damsels are already bulky enough - they don't need to grow any larger...

OP
OP
fishywishy

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the rush, they live like 50+ years sometimes lol? Could you imagine a person asking something like this about a child, or even a puppy?
I’m going away in a 2 years and i wanted to enjoy them while there in there full colors, but in the end there just fish i guess. I also wanted a dwarf lion fish before i leave but they wont be a big enough size to not get eaten for another 2 years.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats like asking if your 3 month old child could be an adult in a couple months. Just isn't happening. Nature has a way of sorting these things out, and kind of why it takes a while for juvenile anything to reach adulthood.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 48 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 54 54.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.0%
Back