Is it possible to truly eradicate ich with tangs?

Nickmag01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, after a 75 day fallow and cupramine treatment in hospital tank (.5ppm) ich has come back after reintroducing my fish. I got ich in the tank when I bought my hippo tang and my kole tang has also been breaking out. Was my fallow not long enough? I made sure not to transfer any water of wet equipment between tanks. I do not want to get rid of the hippo tang unless its the only way to end ich. Planning on doing another fallow and cupramine treatment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The first time I got rid of it. I took the chances on introducing another fish without proper quarantine and I got it a second time. Patience is the key. You’ll be fine just got to give it time

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, after a 75 day fallow and cupramine treatment in hospital tank (.5ppm) ich has come back after reintroducing my fish. I got ich in the tank when I bought my hippo tang and my kole tang has also been breaking out. Was my fallow not long enough? I made sure not to transfer any water of wet equipment between tanks. I do not want to get rid of the hippo tang unless its the only way to end ich. Planning on doing another fallow and cupramine treatment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How long did it take for the ich to break after you moved the fish back to the DT? Perhaps it was simmering on the fish, and then the move gave them a kick and it started up again? Fallow periods are tricky - they work faster at higher temperatures, that much we know, but the number of days is really pretty much a guess. I used to use 45 days until I came here and everyone says 75 (grin).

Jay

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back