Is it safe to transfer fish without quarantine?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a longnose hawkfish for about 6-7 months in a 10 gallon to grow him out. He did not go through any type of quarantine or medication before being put into the 10 gallon. I am going to be transferring my 10 gallon coral, inverts, and other fish (a sissortail goby) into a different tank. However the hawkfish I have always wanted to have in my big display tank. I was wondering since I have had this hawkfish in the 10 gallon for 6-7 months is it safe to transfer it to my big display tank without quarantine? If any one can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably but without treatment or scrapings, hill clippings you never 100 percent know. Do you qt all fish and coral then you probably are already managing a parasite. It’s how far you want to go.

Feed healthy good food and drop him in for little risk or qt to be sure

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have had a longnose hawkfish for about 6-7 months in a 10 gallon to grow him out. He did not go through any type of quarantine or medication before being put into the 10 gallon. I am going to be transferring my 10 gallon coral, inverts, and other fish (a sissortail goby) into a different tank. However the hawkfish I have always wanted to have in my big display tank. I was wondering since I have had this hawkfish in the 10 gallon for 6-7 months is it safe to transfer it to my big display tank without quarantine? If any one can help that would be greatly appreciated.
Yes- would be same as observational QT and after this time period, its obviously healthy

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back