Is it too much bioload?

CUZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10 gallon tank with 1 peacefull betta, 5 neon tetras, 2 albino corys and 1 apple snail, is it to much bioload?
Tank: heavily planted, canister filter 100 gallons/hour, temp: 26c (79f)
They told me it is ok for the tank size i want to hear opinions, i would like a 25gallons-40gallons but it requires alot of money(another canister filter, another light heater and gravel) i want to know if they will be ok in the 10 gallon. Ive had the betta and 2 albino corys for 4 months and added the neons and 1 apple snail 3 days ago, they all eat are active and colorfull.

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ten gallon that I'm gonna be honest is way way over stocked but because of my plants in there ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate read zero. I have 4 otos, 5 julii corys, 3 gold barbs, 10 cherry barbs, honey sunset gourami, 2 african butterfly fish, 3 celebes rainbows, bumblebee catfish, and a paradise gourami. There wasn't this many in there but one of my ten gallons broke when I was moving and now they are all in one and I never got around to getting a new tank. Everything has been doing fine. So i think your bioload should be fine

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's what the tank looked like immediately after I set it up after moving

Attachments

• Snapchat-1906242942.mp4
    13.3 MB

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back