Is Jason Fox Minecraft Mushroom a bounce?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't sure where to post this and cant find much info on it.
Is it considered a bounce? No bubbles just long almost lightning bolt like bouncy tentacles ...

IMG_197470708_062653.jpg

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that there is a rhodactis mushroom. I think bounce mushrooms are rhodactis mushrooms. There is some tricky math here. People that are going for the collector pieces attached to names would probably say no. I hate to sound like every old nerd here, but I used to see colonies of that mushroom all over the hobby back when all the sticks were brown. Pretty cool. Fast grower.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that there is a rhodactis mushroom. I think bounce mushrooms are rhodactis mushrooms. There is some tricky math here. People that are going for the collector pieces attached to names would probably say no. I hate to sound like every old nerd here, but I used to see colonies of that mushroom all over the hobby back when all the sticks were brown. Pretty cool. Fast grower.
For sure thanks for the reply cubsfan. Whatever it is your right on the money! Super hardy mushroom. I bought as 1 inch frag during his last sale and its opened up close to 4.5-5" in last cpl weeks. It's a monster haha

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nothing of named coral but I have very similar (if not the same) ones in my tank. Bought one on a plug as my first coral and that 1 has turned to 11 in a years time. They’re pretty and my clownfish and blenny lounge in them.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know nothing of named coral but I have very similar (if not the same) ones in my tank. Bought one on a plug as my first coral and that 1 has turned to 11 in a years time. They’re pretty and my clownfish and blenny lounge in them.
Sweet yeah I can see that happening real fast. And cool I did put my clowns in with it just looks like a Kushy little bed!
The tentacles are cool protrude about 3/4 of and inch fully sprawled out.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't care what it is named, that mushroom looks AWESOME!!!
Same here honestly this thing amazes me. Was a trip to walk in and see it fully laid out the next day. Maybe they screwed up and sent me the mom!
Either way it is my favorite for sure but we'll see I have the Og Bounce on the way!
Was more wondering about these bouncy tentacles almost bounce like bubbles but have structure like minecraft building blocks!

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very overpriced common mushroom imo, very rarely you can find the really cool ones I believe the call the fire mushroom and magic carpet

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just a way overpriced hairy mushroom that grows like a weed.
Can we see yours? Just asking cause I dont see alot like these around any other vendors or threads for that matter.
For such a common coral or mushroom one would have to believe there would be alot of different variety and pictures.
This ones neon greenish/toxic yellowish with wierd purple elongated bouncy structured tentacles.
Would love to see more or know more of it lol

20200404_124641.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very overpriced common mushroom imo, very rarely you can find the really cool ones I believe the call the fire mushroom and magic carpet
Meant to ask you this question or any the same...
Can we see yours? Just asking cause I dont see alot like these around any other vendors or threads for that matter.
For such a common coral or mushroom one would have to believe there would be alot of different variety and pictures.
This ones neon greenish/toxic yellowish with wierd purple elongated bouncy structured tentacles.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meant to ask you this question or any the same...

ill grab you a pic of mine in a bit, and next time am in my local LFS i’ll post a pic of 2 or 3 rocks covered in them also.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking again, mine are the opposite colors. Purple base with green fringes. You may have something cool on your hands, not sure!

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill grab you a pic of mine in a bit, and next time am in my local LFS i’ll post a pic of 2 or 3 rocks covered in them also.
Right on please do. Theres no question there are probably tons of these floating around in store fronts as well as all kinds of different color variations as well. And probably this exact mushroom considering you can easily obtain it on his site.
My curiosity came in looking at its wierd bouncy tentacles really. I personally haven't seen anything quite like the structure.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on please do. Theres no question there are probably tons of these floating around in store fronts as well as all kinds of different color variations as well. And probably this exact mushroom considering you can easily obtain it on his site.
My curiosity came in looking at its wierd bouncy tentacles really. I personally haven't seen anything quite like the structure.

That’s mine, paid around 30$ for it in the United Kingdom, there’s 8 single heads in a local shop around 2inch for 25$ each and on another store there is a huge mama for 30 all with the yellow developing. A full rock covered in green and purple goes for around 50. From what I’ve gathered the ones that develop crazy colours and sometimes bounce originate from indo and not often seen for sale. This is UK market to, not as crazy overpriced as the US not long ago got the last pic for a ridiculous offer as no one here knows what it is.

09506541-F9AC-437E-BE9D-739C967850FB.jpeg 61773416-2B20-47E0-95D7-A22A40712BD1.jpeg E1F106B7-BFF3-444B-9FE4-1B30F26BDBDE.jpeg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure after lots of research we did figure it is a st tomas

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back