is korallen-zucht coral system component 1-4 the same as sea water complex?

leonardomanzano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for some supplements to replenish my trace elements as my tank is a ULN and my trace elements is something I rarely replenish.

I'm stuck between these two products. I want to go with coral systems 1-4 as one of the bottles contains organic elements and enzymes while the other doesn't but at the same time im not sure if the coral system bottles will replenish as many trace elements as sea complex.
I'm at a crossroads here, what do you think I should get? if not either of these two what other product should I consider?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm unable to give any useful advice on these additives as they do not indicate how much of what is in them.

That said, I'm highly skeptical of the specific color claims for specific additives.

OP
OP
leonardomanzano

leonardomanzano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following
ultimately I went with coral system 1-4 as it did tell me what trace elements each bottle has. None of the bottles contained iron and I'm not sure how important it is to have it in the tank :/
I also chose it as it also came with a bottle consisting of organics which I might as well dose too.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ultimately I went with coral system 1-4 as it did tell me what trace elements each bottle has. None of the bottles contained iron and I'm not sure how important it is to have it in the tank :/
I also chose it as it also came with a bottle consisting of organics which I might as well dose too.

DId anything apparently change when you began dosing?

Some of their products may list ingredients. Some do not list any and none of the products that I am aware of tell how much is in them.

IMO, iron can be a very important trace element. It and silicate are the only ones I dosed.

OP
OP
leonardomanzano

leonardomanzano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DId anything apparently change when you began dosing?

Some of their products may list ingredients. Some do not list any and none of the products that I am aware of tell how much is in them.

IMO, iron can be a very important trace element. It and silicate are the only ones I dosed.
I’ll have to send an email to the company and ask if there are any trace elements they didn’t include on the label. What products do you use to dose iron and silicates?
ive noticed that some products are used to remove silicates. Is there a reason you dose them? Have they produced any noticeable effects?

OP
OP
leonardomanzano

leonardomanzano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so far there has been faster growth and slightly stronger coloration in some of my SPS. I feel like my softies have remained the same, but then again the ones I have tend to be slower growers/unnoticeable until later on.
My LPS have remained the same as well, but with some head growth.

I feel like most of these changes can be caused by the corals getting acclimated to my tank rather than it being caused by the bottles.

I'm buying an automatic doser dedicated to solely dosing these additives. I haven't necessarily been the best at keeping up with the dosing.

Not to mention that I didn't realize the tubes dosing my alk/calcium slipped out of their container without me realizing causing my alk and calcium to slowly decrease over time. by the time I caught it my Alk was at 6.6 and calcium at 350. They are back up to 8.5 and 450.

so I wouldn't necessarily conclude just yet that the bottles aren't effective.

I'm currently remodeling my aquascape as well as reconsidering my coral placement.
After I get all of this sorted out I will start to take weekly pictures. and then give an update every 2 months.

Back